Kirmond le Mire
Kirmond le Mire is a small village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated on the B1203 road, 6 miles (10 km) east from Market Rasen and 11 miles (18 km) south-west from Grimsby. It is in the civil parish of Thoresway.
|Kirmond le Mire|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||135 mi (217 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||Market Rasen|
The village's name dates to at least 1086, soon after the Norman conquest of England. It is seen in the earliest historical documents as Chevremont-le-myrr, and in some later documents as Kevermond.
- Historic England. "Church of St Martin, Kirmond Le Mire (1359767)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Historic England. "Beckfield (351848)". PastScape. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- David Mills, A Dictionary of British Place-Names. Oxford University Press, 2011. ISBN 9780199609086. p. 280.
- Media related to Kirmond le Mire at Wikimedia Commons
- "Kirmond le Mire", Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 21 April 2012
|This Lincolnshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|