He is the author of important studies about seaweeds. He's also well known for his educational books collection, the Ohraimono.
- Nihon sōrui meii (in Japanese). Tōkyō: Keigyōsha. 1902. OCLC 15660662.
- Icones of Japanese algae (in English and Japanese). Okamura Kintarō. 1907. OCLC 6269718. - published between 1907-1937, Japanese text with English summary. Total 10 volumes were bound to seven. Reprint in 2016.
- "Some littoral diatoms of Japan". Report of the Imperial Fisheries Institute. Tokyo. 3 (4). 1911. OCLC 38025846.
- Ōraimono bunrui mokuroku (in Japanese) (2 ed.). Tōkyō: Keimeikai Jimusho. 1925.
- The distribution of marine algae in Pacific waters. 1932.
- "On Gelidium and Pterocladia of Japan". Journal of the Imperial Fisheries Institute. 29 (2). Imperial Fisheries Institute. 1934.