Kingman has an Amtrak train station located in the historic Kingman Railroad Depot at 400 E. Andy Devine Ave in Kingman, Arizona, United States. Amtrak's Southwest Chief trains stop at the Kingman station once daily in each direction. Kingman is also the transfer point for dedicated, guaranteed Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach service to/from Laughlin, Nevada and Las Vegas, Nevada.
|Location||400 E. Andy Devine Ave |
Kingman, AZ 86401, U.S.
|Line(s)||BNSF Railway Seligman Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2017)||9,944 0.4%|
Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Depot
|Location||Kingman, Arizona, USA|
|Architectural style||Spanish/Mission Revival|
|Part of||Kingman Commercial Historic District (#86001153)|
|Added to NRHP||May 14, 1986|
This station has an enclosed waiting room, but is unmanned. There are no ticket agents or Quik-Trak kiosks on site.
Of the eight Arizona stations served by Amtrak (in 2010), Kingman was the third-busiest in fiscal year 2010, boarding or detraining an average of 28 passengers daily.
The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway (ATSF) built the depot in 1907. The station's elevation is 3,335 feet (1,017 m) above sea level. The station has been a contributing property to the Kingman Commercial Historic District, which has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1986. Like many depots constructed by the ATSF, the building exhibits characteristics of the Spanish Colonial Revival style of architecture, particularly in the roofline's curvilinear gables. In early 2011, the city of Kingman finished a multi-year restoration of the depot. The work was funded in part through a $471,500 federal Transportation Enhancements grant and approximately $150,000 in federal Community Development Block Grants. Following the rehabilitation, the depot houses a passenger waiting room and a railroad museum.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of Arizona" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Cindy L. Myers and James W. Garrison (June 1985). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Kingman Commercial Historic District". National Park Service. and accompanying 21 photos
- this PDF National Register of Historic Places Listings for 1986
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, State of Arizona" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
Media related to Kingman (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Kingman, AZ – Amtrak
- Kingman Amtrak Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- Kingman, Arizona Tourism
- Kingman (KNG)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Arizona railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|