King George's Medical University
King George's Medical University, for a while known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, is a medical school located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It came into being after the upgrade of King George's Medical College (established in 1911) into a university by an act passed by government of Uttar Pradesh on 16 September 2002.
|Chancellor||Governor of Uttar Pradesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof.(Dr.) Madan Lal Brahma Bhatt (April 2017- Present)|
|Address||Shah Mina road, Chowk, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
The University has capacity for 1250 undergraduates students (including 280 dental students) and 450 postgraduate students.
The MBBS course takes four and a half years to complete and has an intake of 250 students each year.
The name of the University has become a political issue between Bahujan Samaj Party and Samajwadi Party, with both of them changing the name when they are voted to power. When the Samajwadi Party won the Uttar Pradesh state elections in 2012, the name of King George's Medical University was restored.
|Clinical Hematology||Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||Plastic Surgery|
|Geriatric Mental Health||Pulmonary Medicine|
|Neuro Surgery||Surgical Gastroenterology|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||Surgical Oncology|
|Ophthalmology||Thoracic & Cardio-vascular Surgery|
|Orthopedic Surgery||Transfusion Medicine|
- W Selby (1911)
- CA Sprawson (1921–23 and 1926–29)
- SS Khan, (1923–25)
- H Stott (1925–26, 1929–31, 1932–37)
- BGS Acharya (1931–32)
- MAH Siddiqui (1937–38)
- W Burridge (1938–46)
- CP Misra (1946)
- BB Bhatia (1946–49)
- SN Mathur (1949–52)
- VS Manglik (1953–59)
- ML Gujral (1960–62)
- RV Singh (1962–77)
- BN Lall (1977–78)
- KP Bhargava (1978–84)
- BB Sethi (1985–86)
- BK Khanna (1986–92)
- PK Misra (1992–98)
- Ramesh Chandra (1998–2000)
- KN Sinha (2000)
- AM Kar (2000)
- KM Singh (2001–2003)
- Principal & VC Mahendra Bhandari (2003–2006)
- Hari Gautam (2006–07)
- SK Agarwal (2007–08)
- Saroj Chooramani Gopal (March 2008 to March 2011)
- DK Gupta (April 2011 – April 2014)
- Ravi Kant (April 2014 –April 2017
- Madan Lal Brahma Bhatt (April 2017- Present)
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
- B. K. Anand
- Ravi Kant
- Anil Kohli
- Mahesh Prasad Mehray
- Ravindra Nanda
- Autar Singh Paintal
- Sunil Pradhan
- Krishan Chandra Singhal
- Badri Nath Tandon
- Naresh Trehan
- Prem Nath Wahi
- "Student activities". King George's Medical University. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Courses admission". King George's Medical University. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Important Cabinet Decisions". Lucknow: Information and Public Relations Department. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Top 25 Medical Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Top Medical Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.