King's Health Partners
King's Health Partners is an academic health science centre located in London, United Kingdom. It comprises King's College London, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
|King's Health Partners|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Hospital type||Academic health science centre|
|Lists||Hospitals in the United Kingdom|
King's Health Partners' member organisations have a combined annual turnover of around £3.7 billion, treat over 4.8 million patients each year, employ approximately 40,000 staff and teach nearly 30,000 students. It forms one of the largest centres for healthcare education in Europe.
The four partners announced their intention to form an academic health science centre in April 2008. On 9 March 2009 the UK Department of Health announced that King's Health Partners would be one of six academic health science centres established in England.
- MRC-Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma
- MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology
- MRC Centre for Neurodegenerative Research
- MRC Centre for Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry
- MRC Centre for Transplantation
- MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health (awarded in 2009 in collaboration with Imperial College London)
- MRC National Institute for Medical Research (MRC NIMR) including the MRC Biomedical NMR Centre (planned to move to the new Francis Crick Institute in 2015, a partnership between the MRC, Cancer Research UK, Imperial College London, King's College London, the Wellcome Trust and University College London).
King's Health Partners' research is focused on the following key programme areas:
King's College London GKT School of Medical Education provides core medical education at three King's Health Partners - Guy's Hospital, King's College Hospital and St Thomas' Hospital. King's Health Partners also collaborate with training and provide link education for other allied health professionals from other institutions.
- "Heart operation using MRI is world first". BBC News. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Top hospitals link up with university to form research centre". London Evening Standard. 10 April 2008. Archived from the original on 19 April 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "The partners". King's Health Partners. Archived from the original on 31 October 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Key Facts". King's Health Partners. Archived from the original on 31 October 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "University interventions aim to help heal a 'broken' NHS". Times Higher Education. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Top NHS and university alliances recognised by Department of Health". Government of the United Kingdom. 29 November 2013.
- "Medical Research Council centres". King's College London. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Press release: £250 million commitment to UKCMRI". MRC National Institute for Medical Research. 26 March 2010. Archived from the original on 21 June 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Research". King's Health Partners. Archived from the original on 31 October 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "King's Health Partners chief calls for academic health groups' protection". Health Service Journal. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2012.