Kimberley Mickle (born 28 December 1984) is an Australian track and field athlete who competes in the javelin throw. Her personal best of 66.83 m, achieved on 22 March 2014 in Melbourne, was, until 2018, the Australian record.
|Born||28 December 1984|
Perth, Western Australia
|Height||1.66 m (5 ft 5+1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||66.83 m (2014)|
She won the gold medal at the 2001 World Youth Championships, finished ninth at the 2002 World Junior Championships, fourth at the 2006 Commonwealth Games, fifth at the 2006 IAAF World Cup and sixth at the 2009 World Athletics Final. She also competed at the 2009 World Championships without reaching the final.
In 2014, she won the gold medal at the Commonwealth games with a throw of 65.96 meters.
In September 2016, Mickle signed to play professional Australian rules football for the Fremantle Football Club in the inaugural season of AFL Women's in 2017. She previously played the sport at a junior level. After missing the first round of the 2017 AFL Women's season due to a hip injury, Mickle ruptured an anterior cruciate ligament in round 2. After knee reconstruction, Mickle announced that she would concentrate on javelin in preparation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games, and would not return to football.
|2001||World Youth Championships||Debrecen, Hungary||1st||51.83 m|
|2002||World Junior Championships||Kingston, Jamaica||9th||50.01 m|
|2006||Commonwealth Games||Melbourne, Australia||4th||58.18 m|
|2009||World Championships||Berlin, Germany||15th (q)||57.46 m|
|World Athletics Final||Thessaloniki, Greece||6th||57.57 m|
|2010||Continental Cup||Split, Croatia||3rd||61.36 m|
|Commonwealth Games||Delhi, India||2nd||60.90 m|
|2011||World Championships||Daegu, South Korea||6th||61.96 m|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||17th (q)||59.23 m|
|2013||World Championships||Moscow, Russia||2nd||66.60 m|
|2014||Commonwealth Games||Glasgow, United Kingdom||1st||65.96 m|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||22nd (q)||59.83 m|
|2016||Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||22nd (q)||57.20 m|
- 2014 CWG profile
- Kim Mickle at World Athletics
- Pentony, Luke. "Rio 2016: Kim Mickle dislocates shoulder in javelin, Brandon Starc out of high jump final". ABC News Australia. ABC Online Services. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Kim Mickle has no Olympics regrets despite dislocating shoulder again". The Guardian. 17 August 2016.
- Harper, Tony (17 August 2016). "Kim Mickle's dislocated shoulder takes nearly three hours, general anaesthetic to get put back in". Fox Sports.
- "Aussie javelin thrower Mickle dislocates bad shoulder". ESPN. 16 August 2016.
- "Olympic javelin star Kim Mickle to play for Fremantle in women's AFL league", The Guardian, 14 September 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Olympian Mickle ruled out of AFLW with knee injury". ABC News. 14 February 2017. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- King, Travis (23 February 2017). "Mickle to boot AFLW career, focus on javelin". afl.com.au. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- Representing Asia-Pacific
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kimberley Mickle.|