|Revised Romanization||Gim Nakkyeom|
He was not present at a October 7, 2017 mass rally in Pyongyang and a October 11, 2017 celebration for the anniversary of the Workers' Party of Korea. According to a South Korean think tank, "There's little chance that Ri and Kim have been dismissed or purged because they've been praised for major achievements recently." and "It's highly likely that they were absent because they'd been given an important assignment."
- Korea Herald, "North Korea names new strategic rocket commander" 14 June 2012
- "KPA Brass’ Promotion and Demotion", North Korea Leadership Watch
- "N.Korea Appoints New Head of Missile Force". The Chosun Ilbo. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Mysterious absence of North Korea's 'rocket men' raises new nuke, missile fears". MSN/Fox News. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Kim Myong-song (11 October 2017). "N.Korea's Key 'Rocket Men' Absent from Major Events". Chosun. Retrieved 17 October 2017.