Kim Myong-nam (born 8 February 1969) is a North Korean male weightlifter, competing in the 70 kg category and representing North Korea at international competitions. He won the bronze medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in the 75 kg event and the silver medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics in the 70 kg event. He competed at world championships, most recently at the 1997 World Weightlifting Championships.
|Born||8 February 1969|
|Weight||69.70 kg (153.7 lb)|
|Weight class||70 kg|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Myeong-nam|
|Updated on 4 October 2016.|
Kim set three world records – one in the snatch, one in the clean & jerk, and one in the total.
- - 1989 World Championships Lightweight class (327.5 kg)
- - 1990 World Championships Lightweight class (342.5 kg)
- - 1991 World Championships Lightweight class (340.0 kg)
- - 1993 World Championships Middleweight class (362.5 kg)
- - 1990 Asian Games Middleweight class
|Year||Venue||Weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total||Rank|
|1996||Atlanta, United States||70 kg||N/A||N/A|
|1992||Barcelona, Spain||75 kg||N/A||N/A|
|1997||Chiang Mai, Thailand||70 kg||155.0||—||—||—||—||DQ|
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Kim Myong-Nam". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Kim Myong-Nam". Database Olympics. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- John Grasso; Bill Mallon; Jeroen Heijmans (14 May 2015). Historical Dictionary of the Olympic Movement. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. pp. 317–. ISBN 978-1-4422-4860-1. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Weightlifting World Championships Seniors Statistics – 2007 World Championships – Kim Myong-Nam" (PDF). iwf.net. p. Y3. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Kim Myong-nam at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Kim Myong-nam at databaseOlympics.com (archived)
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in North Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|