Gim Gu-ra(Redirected from Kim Gu-ra)
|Birth name||Gim Hyeon-dong (김현동)|
October 3, 1970|
Incheon, South Korea
|Children||MC Gree (son)|
|Notable works and roles||Radio Star, Line Up, Quiz that Changes the World, Intimate Note, King of Mask Singer, My Little Television|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Hyeondong|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Gura|
He first appeared on television in the 1990s in comedy shows and comedy skits. Gim was blasted by the Korean public for harshly criticizing boy band H.O.T. member Moon Hee Jun of his musical style, fashion, and hairstyle on his radio show, yet he was be paired with Moon when hosting shows. He was also well known for being one of the main MCs of popular Korean variety show Line Up. He was also one of the main MC'S of popular South Korean shows Quiz that Changes the World, Radio Star and The Moments of Truth Korea. He is well known for his blunt yet humorous attitude when hosting TV shows. He has also appeared as a guest on A Table for the Gods.
His son, Gim Dong-hyeon, also appeared on television in Bungeoppang and other shows as well, most notably Star Golden Bell and also in the MBC drama 'May Queen' as the younger version of the main female character's older (step) brother.
2015 Home Food Rescue
|2008||"Baby and I"||cameo|
- Baek, Byung-yeul (2015-04-14). "Entertainer Kim Gu-ra's son to make a singing debut". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- Park Jeong-Hoon (April 9, 2012). "김구라의 막말 업보". donga.com. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- Han Sang-hee (December 30, 2009). "Yoo Jae-suk Named Top Entertainer at Year-End Event". Korea Times.
- Han Sang-hee (June 28, 2010). "Stay healthy by studying your genes". Korea Times.
- Han Sang-hee (January 28, 2009). "Stars' Families Stealing Spotlight". Korea Times.
- Kim, Mi Hwa (2012-06-14). "김구라子 김동현, '메이퀸' 캐스팅..'김유정 오빠'". Star News. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Comedian Quits Over Insults to Comfort Women". Chosun Ilbo. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (27 December 2012). "Kim Gura and Lee Sang Min to MC New jTBC Variety Show, Men's Stuff". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2 January 2013.