Killer Karl Kox
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Herbert Alan Gerwig (April 26, 1931 – November 10, 2011) was an American professional wrestler, better known by his ring name of Killer Karl Kox, who competed in the National Wrestling Alliance as well as international promotions such as All Japan Pro Wrestling, the International Wrestling Alliance and World Championship Wrestling during the 1960s and 1970s. Rumors were that in 1957, Kox earned the name, Killer, when he performed his famous finishing move, the brainbuster, on his opponent by holding him upside down for a period of time and allowing the blood to rush to the brain.
|Killer Karl Kox|
|Birth name||Herbert Alan Gerwig|
|Born||April 26, 1931|
|Died||November 10, 2011(aged 80)|
|Cause of death||Heart attack|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Killer Karl Kox|
|Billed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Billed weight||260 lb (120 kg; 19 st)|
|Billed from||Amarillo, Texas|
|Trained by||Fred Bozack|
On November 10, 2011, Kox died at the age of 80 following a heart attack and a stroke he had suffered nearly three weeks prior.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- American Wrestling Association
- Nebraska Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PWI ranked him # 417 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003
- Class of 2013
- "Mad, bad and dangerous to throw: KKK shone as ring's sadist". smh.com.au. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "Killer Karl Kox dies". canoe.ca. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Royal Duncan and Gary Will (2006). "(Kansas and Western Missouri) West Missouri: North American Tag Team Title". Wrestling Title Histories. Archeus Communications. p. 253. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "NWA North American Tag Team Title (Central States version)". wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "(Texas) Dallas: NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Title". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. p. 271. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "Texas Brass Knucks Title [East Texas]". Wrestling-Titles. Retrieved December 22, 2019.
- Will, Gary; Duncan, Royal (2000). "Texas: NWA Texas Tag Team Title [Von Erich]". Wrestling Title Histories: professional wrestling champions around the world from the 19th century to the present. Pennsylvania: Archeus Communications. pp. 275–276. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "NWA Texas Tag Team Title [E. Texas]". wrestling-titles.com. Retrieved December 27, 2019.
- Hoops, Brian (May 11, 2015). "On this day in pro wrestling history (May 11): Von Erichs vs. Verne & Don Leo Jonathan, Shane Douglas vs 2 Cold Scorpio". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved March 21, 2020.