Kill or Cure (1962 film)
Kill or Cure is a 1962 British comedy film, in which an inept private investigator is called to look into the strange goings-on at a health club. It was filmed mainly at Aldenham House in Elstree, Hertfordshire in the summer of 1961. The house was used for many of the inside shots together with the surrounding parkland for the holiday chalets. Filming was still taking place in September 1961 as the Haberdashers' Aske's School for Boys moved into a new school built on the rest of the site having just moved from Hampstead. The house became the administrative centre for the school with the school reception being where the hotel reception is in the film.
|Kill or Cure|
|Directed by||George Pollock|
|Written by||David Pursall|
|Music by||Ron Goodwin|
- Terry-Thomas — J. (Jerry) Barker-Rynde, PI
- Eric Sykes — Rumbelow
- Dennis Price — Dr. Julian Crossley
- Lionel Jeffries — Det. Insp. Hook
- Moira Redmond — Francis Roitman, Clifford's Secretary
- Katya Douglas — Rita, Green Glades Nurse
- David Lodge — Richards, Nurse
- Ronnie Barker — Burton, Hook's Assistant
- Hazel Terry — Mrs. Rachel Crossley
- Derren Nesbitt — Roger Forrester
- Harry Locke — Riggins
- Arthur Howard — Green Glades Desk Clerk
- Tristram Jellinek — Asst. Clerk
- Peter Butterworth — Green Glades Barman
- Patricia Hayes — Lily the Waitress
- Julian Orchard — P.C. Lofthouse
According to MGM records the film made a profit of $89,000.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.