Kickboxer: Retaliation is an upcoming American martial arts film directed and written by Dimitri Logothetis. It is a sequel to the 2016 film Kickboxer: Vengeance, also written by Logothetis. The film stars Alain Moussi, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Christopher Lambert, Ronaldinho, Mike Tyson and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson. Aside from Moussi and Van Damme, Sara Malakul Lane and Sam Medina are reprising their roles from the previous film.
|Directed by||Dimitri Logothetis|
|Written by||Dimitri Logothetis|
Our House Films
Acme Rocket Fuel
It has now been 12 months since Kurt Sloan left Thailand vowing never to return. The story picks up in a crowded sports arena with cheering fans where Kurt is now in a new battle – a title bout for the MMA World Championship when Kurt is lured back to Bangkok, Thailand.
Kurt soon learns that in order to be allowed to leave Thailand he needs to fight a new formidable foe named Mongkut, who is a beast of a man, standing at about 6'9" and weighing in over 400 lbs of solid muscle.
Kurt does not fully comprehend the challenge he has ahead of him until he encounters the pure size and strength of the man named Mongkut. Through much pain and pure determination, Kurt is put through some of the most enduring training he has ever experienced to prepare him for the fight for his life.
- Alain Moussi as Kurt Sloane
- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Master Durand
- Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson as Mongkut
- Mike Tyson as Briggs 
- Sara Malakul Lane as Liu
- Christopher Lambert as Thomas Moore
- Steven Swadling as Joseph King
- Brian Shaw
- Roy Nelson
- Ronaldinho as Ronaldo
- Jessica Jann as Gamon
- Fabricio Werdum
- Sam Medina as Crawford
- Wanderlei Silva
- Rico Verhoeven as Moss
On November 24, 2015, financiers Headmon Entertainment and Acme Rocket Fuel announced the sequel to the film Kickboxer: Vengeance, titled Kickboxer 2: Retaliation. Rob Hickman would produce the film through Our House Productions along with Dimitri Logothetis through Acme Rocket Fuel and executive produced by Steven Michael Swadling and Larry Nealy.  The film retitled Kickboxer: Retaliation, began pre-production in February 2016, and Dimitri Logothetis was announced to be film's director and writer, while Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson was cast to play the role of a fighter. On May 23, 2016, Ultimate Fighting Championship's Paige VanZant was cast in the film to make her feature debut, with other cast returning; Alain Moussi, Jean-Claude Van Damme,and Sara Malakul Lane. On May 25, 2016, former world champion boxer Mike Tyson was announced to play a tough convict forced into a world of fighting behind bars.
In July, UFC fighter Paige VanZant, who was set to make her film debut in the film as "Gamon", left the project to focus on an upcoming fight. Jessica Jann would replace her in the role. Originally a small role in the film, UFC fighter Roy "Big Country" Nelson's role was expanded. At a press conference in Bangkok, it was announced that Christopher Lambert joined joined the cast as Thomas Moore, an ex-pat and martial artist who is the one responsible for coercing Kurt to face Mongkut.
On August 31, 2016, producer Rob Hickman announced the name of the third and final installment of the trilogy as Kickboxer: Syndicate, which begins shooting in the summer of 2017.
- Patten, Dominic (May 23, 2016). "UFC Fighter & 'DWTS' Contestant Paige VanZant Joins 'Kickboxer: Retaliation' Pic". Deadline. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- McNary, Dave (May 25, 2016). "Mike Tyson Joins 'Kickboxer: Retaliation' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- A. Lincoln, Ross (November 24, 2015). "Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Docu 'Hurt Business'; 'Kickboxer' Remake Sequel A Go". Deadline. Retrieved November 29, 2015.
- Evry, Max (February 3, 2016). "Kickboxer: Vengeance Sequel Kickboxer: Retaliation Begins Pre-Production". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "UFC Heavyweight Roy Nelson lands role in 'Kickboxer: Retaliation'". MMA Junkie. July 18, 2016. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Christopher Lambert Joins Kickboxer: Retaliation". Coming Soon. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- Han, Angie (September 1, 2016). "The Third Installment of the 'Kickboxer' Reboot Trilogy Has a Title and Start Date". slashfilm.com. Retrieved September 16, 2016.