Kibungo is a town in the Republic of Rwanda. It is the political, administrative and commercial capital of Ngoma District. In 1998, Kibungo became the site of at least four of Rwanda's last 22 executions. All of the convicts were executed for crimes related to the 1994 genocide.
|• Total||43 km2 (17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,820 m (5,970 ft)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
Kibungo is located in Ngoma District, Eastern Province. Its location lies in the southeastern part of Rwanda, along the main road (B3) from Kigali in Rwanda, to Nyakasanza, in Tanzania. Kibungo lies approximately 73 kilometres (45 mi) by road southeast of Kigali, the capital and largest city of Rwanda.
Places of interestEdit
- The offices of Ngoma District Administration
- The offices of Kibungo City Council
- Kibungo Central Market
- Ngoma Prison
- A branch of Bank of Kigali, the largest commercial bank in the country
- A branch of Urwego Opportunity Bank, a commercial bank
- A branch of Banque Populaire du Rwanda, a commercial bank
- The main campus of the Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Education of Kibungo (INATEK), is located in town
- The Open University of Tanzania maintains an office in Kibungo
- Kibungo Referral Hospital
- "Partial List of Rwandans Executed". AP NEWS. Retrieved 2022-04-14.
- Road Distance Between Kigali And Kibungo With Map
- Kibungo, Rwanda: Basic Facts And Figures
- "Rwamagana And Kibungo Hospitals To Be Upgraded To Referral Hospitals". Archived from the original on 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2014-02-27.