Ki Bo-Bae (Hangul: 기보배; Korean pronunciation: [ki.bo.bɛ̝] or [ki] [po.bɛ̝]; born February 20, 1988 in Anyang, Gyeonggi Province) is a South Korean archer. She took up archery in fourth grade at primary school as archery was offered as a school sport, and she now competes for the South Korean national team. In 2011, Ki became the ninth woman to achieve the world number one ranking in the women's individual recurve rankings. She won Olympic gold in both the team and individual archery events at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Ki earned her third Olympic gold medal as a member of the gold medal winning South Korean women's archery team at the 2016 Summer Olympics. In the women's individual event at the 2016 Summer Olympics, she won the bronze medal. In 2016, she ranked as world number 4.
Ki Bo-Bae at the 2012 Olympics in London
|Born||February 20, 1988 (age 31)|
|Height||167 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Coached by||Park Chae-soon|
2012 Summer OlympicsEdit
On July 27, 2012 at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London she came top of the ranking round at Lord's Cricket Ground. She and her teammates Lee Sung-jin and Choi Hyeon-ju won South Korea's seventh consecutive gold medal in the women's team category on July 29. On August 2, she won the gold medal in the women's individual category in a shootout against Aída Román of Mexico; both archers struck eight in the shootout, but Ki was closer to the center of the target.
2015 World Archery ChampionshipsEdit
At the 2015 World Archery Championships in Copenhagen, Ki added an individual world champion title to her resume after defeating Lin Shih-chia of Chinese Taipei in the final of the women's individual recurve event.
2016 Summer OlympicsEdit
At the 2016 Summer Olympics, the South Korean women's archery team consisting of Ki, Choi Mi-sun, and Chang Hye-jin defeated Russia in the final of the women's team event to win the gold medal. In the women's individual event, Ki made it to the semifinal round, where she was defeated by her teammate and countrywoman Chang Hye-jin. Chang would go on to defeat Lisa Unruh of Germany in the gold medal match. In the bronze medal match, Ki defeated Alejandra Valencia of Mexico.
- "Ki Bo-bae". Rio2016. Archived from the original on August 18, 2016. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "Ki Bo-bae". worldarchery.org. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "individual (FITA Olympic round – 70 m) women results – Archery – London 2012 Olympics".
- "Ki Bo-bae wins gold in women's archery". Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- "In London, Ki Bo-bae claims second archery gold". Korea.net. August 3, 2012.
- Wells, Chris (August 2, 2015). "Ki Bo Bae adds world champion title to collection". WorldArchery.org. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- "Republic of Korea's archers extend their Olympic reign". Olympic.org. August 7, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- Zorowitz, Jane (August 11, 2016). "Women's individual archery: South Korea dominates again, coming away with two medals". NBCOlympics.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2016.