Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi~Farsi University
|خواجہ معین الدین چشتی اردو عربی فارسی یونیورسٹی لکھنؤ|
|Urdu, Arabi~Farsi University & Shri Kanshiramji Urdu, Arabi~Farsi University|
|Chancellor||Governor of Uttar Pradesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Khan Masood Ahmad|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
The Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi~Farsi University is a government owned Indian university based in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The University was named after Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti of Ajmer who is known all over the world, for his benevolence and magnanimity. It was established as ‘Uttar Pradesh Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University’ under U.P State Universities (Amendment) Act, 2010. It was renamed ‘Shri Kanshiramji Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University' on 4 April 2011. In 2012, the university was re-christened ‘Khwaja Moinuddin Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University', under U.P. State Universities (Amendment), Act 2012. The first academic session of the University started from August 2013 with 413 students.
The university is presently located on 28 acres of land on Sitapur-Hardoi Bypass road, adjacent to Indian Institute of Management(IIM), Lucknow. The Govt. of U.P. has decided to acquire additional 15 acres of land for the University. Another proposal of purchasing additional 120 acres of land from Lucknow Development Authority(LDA) is also being considered by Govt. of U.P..
The library houses a rich collection of 11,000 books, relating to different subjects. 500 copies of Holy Quran by Ministry of Endowment and Islamic Affairs and Qatar Islamic Culture centre have been gifted to the University.
Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate courses are offered by following departments-
- Department of Urdu شعبہ اردو
- Department of Arabic شعبہ عربی
- Department of Persianشعبہ فارسی
- Department of Hindiشعبہ ہندی
- Department of Englishشعبہ انگلش
- Department of Historyشعبہ تاریخ
- Department of Economicsشعبہ معاشیات
- Department of Geographyشعبہ جغرافیہ
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Commerceشعبہ تجارت
- Department of Educationشعبہ تعلیم
- Department of Home Scienceشعبہ خانہ داری
- Department of Mass Communicationشعبہ ذرائع ابلاغ
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Political Scienceشعبہ سیاست
- Department of Computer Science
- Hostel Boys and Girls
The University follows a semester system at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi~Farsi University.|