This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- In 1970, at fourth board in 19th Chess Olympiad in Siegen (+6 –3 =10);
- In 1972, at first board in 20th Chess Olympiad in Skopje (+8 –3 =11);
- In 1974, at first board in 21st Chess Olympiad in Nice (+10 –6 =4);
- In 1976, at second board in 22nd Chess Olympiad in Haifa (+5 –3 =5);
- In 1990, at first board in 29th Chess Olympiad in Novi Sad (+4 –3 =6).
Harandi won twice zonal FIDE tournaments held in Tehran (1975 and 1978). He tied for 18-20th at Manila 1976 (interzonal; Henrique Mecking won). In 1977, he tied for 1st-3rd in Netanya. In 1978, he tied for 4-5th in Baguio. In 1979, he took 15th place in Rio de Janeiro (interzonal; Lajos Portisch, Tigran Petrosian and Robert Hübner won).