This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Place of origin||Iran|
|Main ingredients||Meat, vegetables, spices|
It generally refers to different stews in the Iranian cuisine, and is typically served beside polo (rice). In Iranian cuisines there are many different Khoresh with many unique ingredients. Vegetarian Khoreshes are common. Iranian stews use liberal amounts of saffron to give a distinctive and fragrant taste. The most popular Khoreshes are Khoresh Gheymeh, Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi and Khoresh Fesenjaan.
- Khoresh Bademjan (Aubergine Stew): including aubergines, optional boned leg of lamb or stewed beef, onions, turmeric, tomato paste and medium tomatoes
- Khoresh Bādemjān Lapeh (Aubergine and Yellow Split Pea Stew): same as previous with addition of yellow split peas and Advieh
- Khoresh Bāmieh (Okra Tomato Stew): Stewing lamb or beef, okra, potatoes, onions, fresh lime juice and tomato paste
- Khoresh Bāmieh Lapeh (Okra and Yellow Split Pea Stew): same as previous with addition of yellow split peas and Advieh
- Khoresh Beh (Quince Stew): chunks of lamb are stewed with slices or cubes of tart quince, and yellow split peas; this dish is always served with rice.
- Khoresh alou Esfenaj (Prune and Spinach Stew)
- Khoresh Fesenjān or Fesenjun (Pomegranate Stew) including duck or chicken, or beef meatballs, ground walnuts, onions, Pomegranate molasses, sugar
- Khoresh Havij (Carrot Stew)
- Khoresh Kadu (Zucchini Stew): pan-fried whole or long-cut sliced zucchini, stewed lamb, beef or chicken, onions, tomato paste and whole or split pan-fried tomatoes
- Khoresh Qārch (Mushroom Stew)
- Khoresh Gheimeh (Split-pea Lamb Stew) including Stewing lamb or beef, Split-peas, onions, potatoes, tomato paste and dried limes
- Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi (Fresh Herb and Lamb Stew) including Red kidney or black-eyed beans, Fresh fenugreek, parsley, coriander or parsley, spring onions or leeks, boned leg of lamb, onion and dried limes
- Khoresh Kangar
- Khoresh Karafs (Celery Beef Stew) including lamb or beef, celery, onions, fresh lime juice, mint, and parsley
- Khoresh Lubia Sabz (French Bean Stew)
- Khoresh Reevaas (Rhubarb Stew)
- Khoresh Vij Vij (Meat and Veggies Stew)
- Khoresh Aloo (Prune Stew)
Salt, pepper, Advieh, and oil are also used in these dishes.