|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||07463 (2277**)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Nearest city||Gangapur City, Sawai Madhopur|
|Sex ratio||0.863 ♂/♀|
Khandip is located along the main railway line from Delhi to Mumbai, accessed via Kota on the rail path from New Delhi. The village's standing population currently exceeds 8000, with the majority of the region's population settled throughout the Luckwad Meena community. Khandip's geographic designation encompasses an area of approximately 5 km2.
- 1 See also
- 2 Climate
- 3 Transportation
- 4 Culture and tourism
- 5 Organization of village
- 6 Basic facilities
- 7 Socially active groups
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The seasonal temperature is consistent with that of its neighboring districts, with the summer season ranging from 25 °C (77 °F) to 45 °C (113 °F), and in the winter from 5 °C (41 °F) to 23 °C (73 °F).
Khandip is served by the local Khandip Railway Station, and by buses that travel between Raipur and Shri Mahabirji. It can also be reached by jugaad from Gangapur City, Hindaun and Wazirpur.
Culture and tourismEdit
Peer Baba (पीर बाबा ) is the KulDevta[clarification needed] of the village. It is believed that if a person prays with true belief at the Peer Baba Mazar, his wishes get fulfilled. As the practice goes, once the wishes are fulfilled, a chadar is offered to the Peer Baba and a bhandara (community meal) is organised by the devotees on a Thursday which is the day to worship Peer Baba.
There is a temple of chamid mata (chamunda devi). It is an ancient temple which is placed in talab (thukariya), its priest is ghasiram meena its statue was found in the dharti mata when a farm is plough, its statue is placed under the old (peelu) tree, recently a temple is constructed by the govind meena (SONI). There is also a laanguriya ji pratima, it is located about 1 km from the village (badami mode).
- Holi Special Events(Randukadi)
Organization of villageEdit
The village can be classified into three parts: The individual part is called patti (includes considerable numbers of mohallas/Kutumbs)
- Choude ke
- Nainsukh ke
Patels (leader of patti) - Mr. Chandan Lal Patel, Shree patel, SHRIMAN patel, Ramsi patel, late.Tejram patel (Gabri patel), Ratan patel Other active persons: Ramhans, Roop singh, Giriraj, Sharwan, etc.
- Matthi ke
- Fakira ke
- Banda( bodhya)
- Visesyo ke
Patels (leader of patti):- bhanmbarpal patel, rambhu patel, munesh patel, ramkushi patel, jagmohan patel, ramsingh patel, ramkesh, budhram, thandi, shivram chuttan, babulal other active persons:- nemi ,kirodi (bhutpurv sarpanch)
- Beeja ke
There are 20 government, 24 private resources and 14 hand pumps in the village. Most of the resources are Deep Tubewells which are dependent on ground water. Village is also the part of chambal sawaimadhopur nadauti project sawaimadhopur baler schemes.
There is one powerhouse in villages and many transformers for electricity.
Nearby hospitals include:
- Allopathic hospital(CHC), Khoud (near Talab)
- Ayurvedic hospital, Khandip
- Bhagwan Shahay Sharma Clinic
Schools that serve Khandip include:
- Govt Senior Secondary School, near Peer Baba, Khandip
- Vishal Senior secondary school, Chamar Darwaja
- Vikash Adarsh Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Darawaja Chauk
- Indira Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Sotan Chauk
- Govt girls up school, Brahamin Mauhalla
- Govt up school, Darawaja Chauk
- Govt up school, Harijan Basti
- Govt. p school, Mahavir dhani near ghatwasin mandir
- Holi angels school, randhukri place
- Govt p school, Baddu Pura
- Rajeev gandhi school, Dabra
- Others - private tuitions and coaching facilities
- Baroda Gramin Bank, Dera (Khandip)
- State Bank of India, Meri (3 km from village)
- Good Network: every major telecommunication company has set up their network tower for good signals in villages.
- Internet Facilities
- Big Screen show (using projectors) for top-class cricket matches.
Socially active groupsEdit
Some students from Khandip are also working with Vidya, a non-governmental organization to improve the living conditions of rural communities by strengthening their livelihood, health and education, and rural computer education.
Siksha vikash manchEdit
It is an initiative of 5 government employees (Brij Lal Meena, Bhanwar Singh Meena, Mansingh Meena, Maganlal Meena and Lakhan Meena) of village to reward the talented students of village based on their performance in different exams mainly board exams of 10th and 12th. It was started in 1999 with the aim to boost the talent in the village. It is fully funded by these members with their equal contribution. This manch's reward goes from books to branded wrist watch based on performance every year.
Other individual trustsEdit
- India Rail Info: Satellite Map of Khandip Rail Station