Khalida Riyasat (Urdu: خالدہ ریاست; January 1, 1953 – August 26, 1996) was a veteran Pakistani television actress. Along with Roohi Bano and Uzma Gillani, she dominated Pakistan's television screens during the 1970s, early 1980s and 1990s.
|Born||1 January 1953|
|Died||26 August 1996 (aged 43)|
Faisal Saleh Hayat
|Children||Ali Riyasat |
|Relatives||Tahira Khan (sister) |
Ayesha Khan (sister)
Riyasat's earliest drama was the detective series, Naamdaar. Her career took off with Haseena Moin's classic Bandish during the late 1970s. In another popular venture, she acted alongside actor Moin Akhtar in the cheek-in-tongue long play, Half-Playt by Anwar Maqsood. Some of her notable plays are Panah, Bandish, Dhoop, Deewar, Khoya Hua Aadmi, Silver Jubilee, Tabeer, Ab Tum Jasakte Ho and Parosi.
Khalida married politician Faisal Saleh Hayat in 1984 and had two sons named Ali and Raza.
Riyasat died of cancer on 26 August 1996 at age 43.
- Aik Muhabbat Sou Afsane
- Dhund 
- Adhay Chehray
- Silver Jublie
- Ab Tum Ja Saktey
- Ab Tum Ja Saktey Ho
- Khoya Huwa Aadmi
- Half Plate – 1980s as Begum Sahiba (wife of Mirza)
- Meri Sadgi Dekh
- Dhoop Deewar
- Nange Paon
- Naqsh e Saani
- Adhay Chehray
Awards and nominationsEdit
- TV Actress Khalida Riyasat remembered 26 August 2012. The News. Retrieved 9 December 2012
- "TV Actress Khalida Riyasat remembered". Archived from the original on 29 August 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "The actress who set the benchmark". Dawn News. 28 February 2021. Retrieved 28 February 2021.
- "Theatre Review Half Playt". The Nation. 8 March 2021. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- Anyone who has been a witness of the golden era of television in Pakistan must be well aware of the sister duo comprising Ayesha Khan and Khalida Riyasat. Extremely talented, both Ayesha and her younger sister were a part of some of the most unforgettable dramas seen in the history of television in Pakistan. Although most of Ayesha's roles were supporting in nature, she naturally brought warmth and sweetness in them. "Ayesha Khan Senior Biography". Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "PTV's golden age". The Express Tribune. 22 June 2021. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
- "The extraordinary Khalida Riyasat". Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- HALF PLATE – TV Drama.
- "The unforgettable Khalida Riyasat". DAWN News. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Khalida Riyasat: Every woman needs the security of a man". The Herald Dawn. 4 July 2021. Archived from the original on 4 July 2021. Retrieved 4 July 2021.
- "16th death anniversary of Khalida Riyasat observed". The Nation. 12 January 2021. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "When drama was king". Dawn News. 16 February 2021. Retrieved 16 February 2021.
- Half Plate Archived 29 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 24 March 2013