Khaidi No. 150
Khaidi No. 150 (English: Prisoner No. 150) is a 2017 Indian Telugu-language action film directed by V. V. Vinayak, produced by Ram Charan, and written by AR Murugadoss. The film stars Chiranjeevi and Kajal Aggarwal. Chiranjeevi plays a dual role, and this film marks his return to acting after 10 years in his 150th film. It is a remake of the Tamil blockbuster Kaththi (2014) starring Vijay and Samantha Akkineni, and marks the third entry in Chiranjeevi's successful Khaidi trilogy. The film was later dubbed into Hindi under the same name and released on Hotstar and for direct telecast on Star Gold in the same year with Chiranjeevi's voice dubbed by Shakti Singh. Principal photography of the film commenced in June 2016 in Hyderabad..It became the 4th highest grossing Telugu movie of all time.
|Khaidi No. 151|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||V.V. Vinayak|
|Produced by||Ram Charan|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers|
Sai Madhav Burra
|Screenplay by||V.V. Vinayak|
by AR Murugadoss
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Gowtham Raju|
|Distributed by||Lyca Productions|
|Box office||₹164 crore|
In Kolkata, prisoner Kathi Seenu (Chiranjeevi), a petty criminal, helps the police capture an escaping prisoner, but he himself escapes afterwards. He goes to Hyderabad and decides to escape to Bangkok. However, he drops this plan after meeting and falling in love with Lakshmi (Kajal Aggarwal), his childhood friend at the airport, who dupes him into believing that she gave him her phone number realizing that he is having a crush on her. Later, Seenu and Malli (Ali), his friend notice a doppelgänger of Seenu named Shankar (Chiranjeevi), being shot by a group of thugs. They admit him to a hospital, following which Seenu decides to impersonate the injured Shankar to escape from the police. Under the name of his doppelgänger, Seenu and Malli enter an old-age home run by Shankar with the aim of collecting ₹25 lakhs (which is meant for the inmates of the old-age home) for their Bangkok trip, until he learns about his doppelgänger's mission. Shankar is a post-graduate in hydrology from the arid village of Neeruru in Rayalaseema who had discovered groundwater under some lands of the village which could be used as an irrigation source not only for the village, but for the entire Rayalaseema and the neighbouring areas as well. But, an MNC owned by Aggarwal (Tarun Arora) cheated the villagers into giving their lands for the construction of a factory. Shankar was arrested by the police and the six villagers as for convince the issue with media and release of Shankar commit mass suicide. On learning of the plight of Shankar and the villagers, Seenu decides to fight for their cause while still under the name of Shankar. The people of the old home and Seenu go to the jury and try to convince him to go in favour of them, but Seenu starts stating rules and scares the main jury person (whom Aggarwal had bribed). Seenu then sends a person (disguised as a hairdresser) to Aggarwal and makes him lay a fingerprint on Aggarwal's neck. After that Aggarwal sends 50 men to kill Seenu but he soon defeats them using the coins the Lion Club member gave when he was attending a ceremony for him.
Meanwhile, the real Shankar gains consciousness and finds himself in the Kolkata prison where Seenu was locked up. With the help of the man who Seenu helped capture, who has heard his story and has plans to kill Seenu in revenge for getting him caught and thrown back into prison, he soon escapes along with the prisoner's henchmen.
Not knowing that Shankar and the henchmen are headed for Hyderabad, Seenu makes efforts to convince the media to bring the plight of the villagers to national consciousness, but the media is not interested as they feel that it is not a sensational news. A few days later, at the high court, the judge declares the verdict in favour of Seenu and the villagers, but adds that Aggarwal has claimed that certain villagers who are working abroad have shown their support for the factory. If they cannot prove that their support was faked by Aggarwal within the next five days, the verdict will then go in favour of Aggarwal and the villagers will lose their lands. Since the villagers, who have denied supporting the factory, are abroad and cannot come to Hyderabad within five days to rebut Aggarwal's claims as their passports are held by their contractors, and the verdict is to be decided within five days, Seenu decides to take drastic measures to sensationalize the issue. He, Lakshmi, Malli and the inmates of the old-age home block water supply to Hyderabad by sitting on the pipelines which carry water to Hyderabad. With the plight of the Hyderabad people due to no water supply having gained national attention, Seenu comes out of the pipeline after a few days and highlights the villagers' plight in an emotionally charged speech to the media, which is telecast nationwide and moves many people.
Meanwhile, Shankar and the henchmen reach Hyderabad, but Shankar is soon kidnapped by Aggarwal's henchmen. While in Aggarwal's custody, he sees Seenu's speech on television and is moved by the efforts made by his doppelgänger to help the villagers. On the night before the verdict, Seenu's bluff is exposed, but Seenu assures the old men that he is genuinely interested in their cause, that Shankar is alive and that he will rescue Shankar from Aggarwal and hand him back over to the villagers with the assurance of a positive verdict. Seenu goes to Aggarwal's office, where Shankar is being held. He rescues Shankar and fights Aggarwal. Shankar kills Aggarwal when he was about to kill Seenu.
The next day, the verdict is declared in favour of Shankar and the villagers. The Kolkata police find Seenu and arrest him. Seenu assures Lakshmi that he will be back shortly.
- Chiranjeevi as Kaththi Seenu / Konidela Shankar (Dual role)
- Kajal Aggarwal as Lakshmi
- Tarun Arora as Aggarwal
- Brahmanandam as Doberman
- Posani Krishna Murali as Borabanda Bujji
- Ali as Malli
- Prudhviraj as minister
- Ram Charan - Special appearance in the song "Ammadu Let's Do Kummudu"
- V.V. Vinayak - Special appearance as water taking graduate
- Raghu Karumanchi as Ward Corporator, Borabanda Bujji's brother
- Raghu Babu as Cook in Old Age Home
- Sarika Ramachandra Rao as Police Officer
- Narsing Yadav as Baasha Bhai
- Fish Venkat as Borabanda Bujji's gang member
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Commissioner Krishna Murthy
- Nagendra Babu as Judge
- Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao as Lawyer
- Lakshmi Rai as Ratthaalu- Special appearance in the song "Ratthaalu"
- Devi Sri Prasad - Special appearance in the song "Ammadu Let's Do Kummudu"
Chiranjeevi's  150th full-length feature film began filming in April 2016. The film is the remake of 2014 Tamil Social drama, Kaththi, featuring Vijay and Samantha Ruth Prabhu which dealt with issues such as farmer suicides and water scarcity in India. The film was financed by Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan and producer A. Subashkaran and V. V. Vinayak directed Chiranjeevi for the second time. The Paruchuri Brothers wrote the script based on A.R. Murugadoss' original story. Devi Sri Prasad composed music for the film.
Principal photography commenced on 23 June 2016 as key sequences being shot at Chanchalguda Central Jail in Hyderabad. Later, in August 2016 Chiranjeevi and Kajal joined the shooting at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad. A special song was shot with Raai Laxmi and Chiranjeevi in October 2016. In November, two songs were shot with the lead pair Chiranjeevi and Kajal in Europe. Raghava Lawrence, Jani Master and Sekhar master choreographed the dances. Kannal Kannan and the duo Ram Lakshman choreographed the fights.
The soundtrack album and background score were composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The soundtrack album consists of five tracks.
|Khaidi No. 150|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||07 January 2017|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Ammadu Let's Do Kummudu"||Devi Sri Prasad||Devi Sri Prasad, Ranina Reddy||3:28|
|2.||"Sundari"||Sri Mani||Jaspreet Jasz||4:30|
|3.||"You And Me"||Sri Mani||Hariharan, Shreya Ghoshal||4:57|
|4.||"Ratthalu"||Devi Sri Prasad||Nakash Aziz, Jasmine Sandlas||4:22|
|5.||"Neeru Neeru"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Shankar Mahadevan||3:37|
Khaidi No. 150 grossed ₹41.75 crore on the opening day all over India and crossed the ₹100 crore mark in 4 days. It grossed over $2 million in the USA. As of February 2017[update] the film has grossed ₹164 crore.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. "Gautamiputra Satakarni, Khaidi No 150, Shatamanam Bhavati gross Rs 158 crore at box office in Sankranti weekend". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "It's official! Chiranjeevi's Khaidi No 150 rakes in Rs 16 crore worldwide". Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Chiru 151: Chiranjeevis comeback film goes on floors". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Megastar begins shoot for his 150th film". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Krishnamurthy, Suresh. "Chiru's Khaidi No. 150 to hit the screens around Sankranti". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Srivatsan (10 January 2017). "Confirmed: Allu Arjun plays a cameo in Chiranjeevi's Khaidi No 150". India Today. New Delhi. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Talwar, Sushant (9 December 2016). "Boss Is Back: Watch Chiranjeevi in the Teaser of 'Khaidi No 150'". Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Megastar begins shoot for his 150th film". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (5 April 2016). "Chiranjeevi's next is Kathilantodu". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Deepika Padukone might team up with Chiranjeevi in Kathilantodu". The News Minute. 4 June 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Chiranjeevi's Kathilantodu dialogues leaked in online". The Hans India. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Chiranjeevi's 151th film starts rolling". The Indian Express. Hyderabad. IANS. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Kajal Aggarwal teams up with Chiranjeevi – Times of India". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Tarun Arora to play the villain in Chiranjeevi's 150th film". 29 July 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "I am proud of Sunil: Chiranjeevi". Deccan Chronicle. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (1 July 2016). "Now, Chiranjeevi is 'Khaidi no. 150'". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Chiranjeevi, Kajal shoot for Khaidi No. 150 at Airport – Times of India". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Chiranjeevi and Kajal Aggarwal in Europe". 11 November 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Khaidi No150 heads to Europe for the songs – Times of India". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Lawrence joins Khaidi No 150". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Jani master's Megastar dream comes true". 20 November 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- "Telugu Film Khaidi No.150 Has 8th Highest Opening Day In India - Box Office India". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Khaidi No 150 4 day worldwide box office collection: Chiranjeevi movie crosses Rs 100 crore mark on Saturday". Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Two Million Dollars club: Khaidi No 150 joins in". 16 January 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Khaidi No 150 box-office collection: Chiranjeevi's film impresses with steady growth". Retrieved 18 January 2017.