|Elevation||42 m (138 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+4 (AZT)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+5 (AZT)|
|Area code(s)||+994 172|
Modern historians believe that the name Khachmaz derives from Khachmataki tribe of Huns, which transformed into Khacmaz in the middle of 7th century. In the second middle of the 7th century, part of the tribe migrated to the territory of the current Oghuz district and constructed the settlement and named Khachmar fortress.
The economy of Khachmaz is partially agricultural, partially tourist-based, with some industries in operation.
Khachmaz is considered a popular tourist destination, especially due to the Nabran municipality. The combination of a warm summer climate, woods along the seashore and clean golden beaches was exploited by the construction of large numbers of hotels and apartments in Khacmaz.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
Twin towns — Sister citiesEdit
Khacmaz is twinned with the following cities:
Atlant leisure facility in Nabran
- The State Statistical Committee of the Azerbaijan Republic
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan: Khachmaz City
- Khachmaz's History[permanent dead link]
- Khachmaz on Azerb.com
- "Azerbaijan Tourism Agency: Nabran". Archived from the original on 2011-08-12. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- Хачмаз и Ялта стали городами-побратимами (in Russian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xaçmaz (city).|
- Khachmaz travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Khachmaz (as Xaçmaz) at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazetteer: Azerbaijan – World-Gazetteer.com