This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
Kevin Stoney (22 January 1921 – 22 January 2008) was an English actor. He was best known for his television roles, in which he became familiar for his "portrayal of establishment types".
Kevin Thomas Harvest Stoney
22 January 1921
|Died||22 January 2008 (aged 87)|
|Resting place||Upperby Cemetery, Carlisle, Cumbria, England|
|Mavic Chen and Tobias Vaughn in Doctor Who|
During the Second World War, Stoney served with the Royal Air Force. On television, he appeared in three serials of the science fiction series Doctor Who over a period of ten years, playing Mavic Chen in The Daleks' Master Plan (1965), Tobias Vaughn in The Invasion (1968) and Tyrum in Revenge of the Cybermen (1975). Stoney also appeared in two episodes of another BBC science fiction series, Blake's 7, playing Councillor Joban in the episode Hostage and Ardus in the episode Animals. He also played the astrologer Thrasyllus in the 1976 BBC adaptation of I, Claudius, a role he had earlier played in Granada Television's 1969 series The Caesars.
Other credits include: The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Saint, Danger Man, The Avengers, Dr. Finlay's Casebook, The Prisoner, Softly, Softly, Man in a Suitcase, The Troubleshooters, Doomwatch, Freewheelers, Z-Cars, The Tomorrow People, Ace of Wands, Special Branch, The Onedin Line, Fall of Eagles, Space: 1999, The New Avengers, Quatermass, Hammer House of Horror, Bergerac, All Creatures Great and Small, The Bill and in the highest-rated episode of Inspector Morse.
In 1985, it was reported in the Doctor Who fan magazine DWB that Stoney had died at the age of 64, but in 1987 he made an appearance at a Doctor Who convention to prove he was very much alive, to the shock of the fans. He retired in 1993. Stoney died on his 87th birthday, 22 January 2008, in Chiswick, after a long battle with skin cancer.
- Interpol (1957) – Policeman (uncredited)
- How to Murder a Rich Uncle (1957) – Bar Steward
- Return of a Stranger (1961) – Wayne
- Shadow of the Cat (1961) – Father (uncredited)
- Cash on Demand (1961) – Detective Inspector Bill Mason
- Strongroom (1962) – Police Sergeant
- Jigsaw (1962) – Mr. Gardner (uncredited)
- The Boys (1962) – Police Inspector who is quizzed by QCS at the Trial (uncredited)
- On the Run (1963) – Wally Lucas
- Murder at the Gallop (1963) – Doctor Markwell
- Danger Man (TV series, 'Say It With Flowers') (1965) – Papa Buchler
- The Blood Beast Terror (1968) – Granger
- The Assassination Bureau (1969) – Blind Beggar (uncredited)
- Guns in the Heather (1969) – Enhardt
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1979) – Hollerstein (uncredited)
- Ivanhoe (1982) – Fitzurse
- The Dresser (1983) – C. Rivers Lane
- Pope John Paul II (1984) – Bishop Dygat
- Ordeal by Innocence (1985) – Solicitor
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | STONEY, Kevin". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Kevin Stoney". thegazette.co.uk.
- "kevin stoney, guardian of the solar system - zone-sf.com". zone-sf.com.
- "Kevin Stoney". bafta.org.
- Robert J. Thompson; Gary Burns, eds. (1990). Making Television: Authorship and the Production Process. Praeger. p. 68. ISBN 0275927466.
- Gaughan, Gavin (17 April 2008). "Kevin Stoney". The Guardian.
- "Obituaries round-up – Obituaries – The Stage". 13 February 2008.
- "Hostage (1979)".
- "Animals (1981)".
- "Kevin Stoney". aveleyman.com.
- "Kevin Stoney". BBC. 6 February 2008. Retrieved 6 February 2008.