Kevin Reddick (born December 28, 1989) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at North Carolina. He was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
|Born:||December 28, 1989|
New Bern, North Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||New Bern|
(New Bern, North Carolina)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Reddick attended New Bern High School in New Bern, North Carolina, and also attended Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia. He was a varsity starter as a sophomore at fullback, and earned offensive MVP honors in the state 4-AA finals as a senior at that position after scoring two touchdowns to end Charlotte Independence’s reign. He was named the Coastal Conference defensive player of the year, and earned first-team all-state honors at linebacker as a senior. He recorded 189 tackles, eight sacks, six forced fumbles and blocked four punts, and also rushed for 163 yards and six touchdowns at fullback, and he earned all-conference and all-area honors as a junior.
Considered a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was listed as the no. 33 outside linebacker in the nation. He accepted a scholarship offer from North Carolina over offers from North Carolina State, Virginia and Clemson. Reddick did not qualify for NCAA eligibility in 2008, leading him to enroll at Hargrave Military Academy. Once eligible to enroll in 2009, he was considered a four-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|New Bern, NC||Hargrave Military Academy||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||230 lb (100 kg)||4.65||Aug 9, 2008|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 78|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 5 Rivals: 6|
During his tenure, he played in 50 games, accumulating 275 tackles, including 36 for loss, 8.5 sacks, two interception and two forced fumbles. As a senior, he was named first-team All-ACC.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
San Diego ChargersEdit
Reddick was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills on September 1, 2015, due to injuries to their linebacking unit. He was released by the Bills on September 5, 2015. On September 6, 2015, the Bills signed Reddick to their practice squad. On November 24, 2015, he was released from practice squad. On December 1, 2015, he was signed to the active roster.
On August 7, 2016, the Bills waived/injured Reddick due to a knee injury. After going unclaimed, he was placed on the team's injured reserve.
- Heather Denich (2008). "UNC receiver Dwight Jones admitted to school". ESPN. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- New Orleans Saints announce roster moves
- Busy Chargers sign Reddick, cut Guy
- "Panthers reduce roster by eight". Panthers.com. August 30, 2015. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- "Dalton Freeman, Kevin Reddick claimed on waivers by Buffalo Bills". Buffalorumblings.com. September 1, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Orr, Conor (September 5, 2015). "Buffalo Bills release QB Matt Cassel". NFL.com. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Bills add C Gabe Ikard to 53-man roster; Five signed to practice squad". BuffaloBills.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (August 7, 2016). "Bills release Javier Arenas, waive/injured Kevin Reddick". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 9, 2016.