Kevin Norwood (born September 23, 1989) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Alabama.
|Born:||September 23, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||D'Iberville (MS)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 123|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Norwood was born and raised in Biloxi, Mississippi and has three brothers and one sister. He was ranked as the 69th overall prospect by the Mobile Press-Register's Super Southeast 120. He was member of the Orlando Sentinel All-Southern team in high school. He was named as the Sun Herald's South Mississippi Defensive Player of the Year. He was selected as Mr. South Mississippi Football. He was ranked as the 44th wide receiver prospect by scout.com. He was selected to the first-team All-State by the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|D'Iberville, Mississippi||D'Iberville High School||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||180 lb (82 kg)||4.55||Dec 16, 2008|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 44 (WR) Rivals: 147 National, 22 (WR), 5 (MS)|
Norwood attended the University of Alabama from 2009 to 2013. He finished his career with a total of 81 receptions for 1,275 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also won three BCS National Championships with the Crimson Tide.
On September 3, 2016, Norwood was placed on injured reserve.
Norwood was released on September 30, 2016.
San Diego ChargersEdit
New York GiantsEdit
On August 14, 2017, Norwood was waived/injured by the Giants with a hip injury and placed on injured reserve. He was released with an injury settlement on November 22, 2017.
- "Scout Profile". scout.com.
- "NFL draft diary: Alabama WR Kevin Norwood". usatoday.com. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- "Alabama Profile". rolltide.com.
- "College Statistics". sports-reference.com.
- Patra, Kevin. "Seahawks trade WR Kevin Norwood to Panthers". NFL.com. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Jones, Jonathan (February 7, 2016). "No surprises among Carolina Panthers inactives for Super Bowl 50". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Henson, Max. "Panthers trim roster to 53". Panthers.com.
- Henne, Ricky (October 4, 2016). "Bolts Add Trio to Practice Squad". Chargers.com.
- "Chargers Waive WR Kevin Norwood From Practice, Sign LB James Burgess".
- Eisen, Michael (November 9, 2016). "Darian Thompson placed on IR; OL Adam Gettis signed". Giants.com.
- "Giants Sign 10 Players To Futures Deals Including QB Keith Wenning & WR Kevin Norwood". January 9, 2017.
- Eisen, Michael (August 14, 2017). "Giants sign WR Andrew Turzilli and LB Chris Casher". Giants.com.