This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kevin Brady Dillon (born August 19, 1965) is an American actor. He is best known for portraying Johnny "Drama" Chase on the HBO comedy series Entourage, Bunny in the war film Platoon, and John Densmore in the musical biopic The Doors. He was nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award for his performance on Entourage.
Dillon in September 2008
Kevin Brady Dillon
August 19, 1965
(m. 2006; div. 2017)
|Family||Matt Dillon (brother)|
Dillon was born in New Rochelle, New York, the son of Mary Ellen, a homemaker, and Paul Dillon, a portrait painter, sales manager, and golf coach at Fordham University. He has one sister and four brothers, one of whom is actor Matt Dillon. His paternal grandmother was the sister of comic strip artist Alex Raymond, the creator of Flash Gordon. He is of Irish American descent. He graduated from Mamaroneck High School.
Dillon began acting in both television and films in the 1980s. In 1983, Dillon played Arnold Norberry in the television film No Big Deal. His first major role was Ed Rooney in the film Heaven Help Us, directed by Michael Dinner. He received wide attention for his role as the psychopathic soldier Bunny in the 1986 film Platoon. In 1988, he portrayed Brian Flagg in a remake of the 1958 American science fiction film The Blob. It received mixed reviews but was praised for its special effects and has since gained a cult following. Other notable film roles from that period included War Party (1988), No Escape (1994), and The Doors (1991), in which he played drummer John Densmore.
Much of Dillon's 2000s work has been in television, including the CBS series That's Life as Paul DeLucca and the Fox series 24 as Lonnie McRae. He appeared in the 2006 film Poseidon, a remake of The Poseidon Adventure, and on Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf on The Golf Channel in April 2010. He appeared in the family comedy film Hotel for Dogs (2009), which collected $117 million at the worldwide box office.
Dillon co-starred on the HBO comedy drama television series Entourage portraying Johnny "Drama" Chase, for which he received a 2007, 2008, and 2009 Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe nomination in 2008. The series concluded on September 11, 2011, after eight seasons. Dillon reprised his role as Johnny Chase in the series' film adaptation, Entourage (2015).
In 2011, Dillon appeared in the CBS comedy sitcom How to Be a Gentleman, portraying Iraq war veteran Bert Lansing. In 2018, he appeared in drama film Dirt and portrayed Jimmy O'Shea in two episodes of police procedural drama series Blue Bloods.
Dillon married actress Jane Stuart in Las Vegas on April 21, 2006. Entourage cast member Jerry Ferrara was his best man and Kevin Connolly, another series co-star, walked Stuart down the aisle after Dillon shouted "Victory!" (a tribute to his character's work on the metafictional TV series Viking Quest). Their first child named Ava was born on May 17, 2006 in Beverly Hills. Dillon also has a daughter, Amy (b. 1991), from a previous relationship. Stuart filed a divorce petition in July 2016. The divorce was settled in June 2017.
|1983||No Big Deal||Arnold Norberry||Television film|
|1985||Heaven Help Us||Ed Rooney|
|1986||The Delta Force||Delta Force Member||Uncredited|
|1987||Dear America: Letters Home from Vietnam||Jack|
|1988||The Rescue||J.J. Merrill||Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor – Motion Picture Drama|
|1988||The Blob||Brian Flagg|
|1988||War Party||Skitty Harris|
|1989||Immediate Family||Sam||Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Young Supporting Actor – Motion Picture|
|1989||When He's Not a Stranger||Rick||Television movie|
Nominated—Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor – Television Movie, Pilot or Special
|1991||The Doors||John Densmore|
|1992||A Midnight Clear||Cpl. Mel Avakin|
|1992||Frankie's House||Sean Flynn|
|1996||True Crime||Tony Campbell|
|1996||Gone in the Night||David Dowaliby|
|1997||Medusa's Child||Jerry Carnel|
|1999||Hidden Agenda||David McLean|
|2004||Vampires: Out for Blood||Hank Holten|
|2006||The Foursome||Rick Foster|
|2009||Hotel for Dogs||Carl Scudder|
|2014||The Throwaways||Dan Fisher|
|2015||Entourage||Johnny 'Drama' Chase|
|2018||Brothers in Arms||Himself||Documentary film|
|2019||The Buddy Games||Doc|
- Yarm, Mark; Stone, Rolling (2015-06-04). "The Real-Life Bros of 'Entourage'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon of Entourage admits his life resembles the drama". www.news.com.au. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Entourage star Kevin Dillon's discusses alter ego Johnny Drama and brother Matt Dillon". www.news.com.au. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Phelan, Zehra (2015-10-26). "Interview: Entourage's Kevin Dillon talks about the show, Entourage the movie and took a trip down memory lane". FLAVOURMAG. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Kim, Soo (2016-02-05). "Kevin Dillon: 'Who from Entourage parties hardest? Kevin Connolly - no question'". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon's Entourage". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Kevin Dillon Biography at FilmReference.com
- "Fordham golf coach has way with the brush". USA Today. October 9, 2001. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "At Home with Kevin Dillon". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Harp, Justin (2011-05-16). "Kevin Dillon: 'I'll miss Entourage'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Samadder, Rhik (2015-06-17). "Kevin Dillon: 'Celebrities are afraid to party openly – everyone's a paparazzo'". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- White, Chelsea (January 16, 2014). "The boys are back in town! Adrian Grenier and Kevin Dillon reunited as filming for long-awaited Entourage movie begins (with a gaggle of beautiful ladies in tow)". Daily Mail. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- Pedersen, Erik; Pedersen, Erik (2016-05-04). "Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In 'Dirt'". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "'Blue Bloods' Casts 'Entourage' Star Kevin Dillon". TV Insider. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "'Entourage's' Kevin Dillon gets married". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon & Jane Stuart". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon and wife Jane, who married in 2006, desperate for more children??". Hitberry. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- "Kevin Dillon". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-04-11.
- Schwarz, Law Offices of David P. (2017-06-13). "Kevin Dillon Divorce settled". Orange County Divorce Lawyer Blog. Retrieved 2019-04-11.