Kevin Carson is an American social theorist and mutualist known for his left-libertarianism.:28 He is a Senior Fellow and Karl Hess Chair in Social Theory at the Center for a Stateless Society. Carson's Studies in Mutualist Political Economy aims to revive interest in mutualism, synthesizing Austrian economics with the labor theory of value by incorporating both subjectivism and time preference. His work has been addressed by anarcho-capitalist economist Walter Block  and his Center for a Stateless Society colleague, the philosopher Roderick T. Long.
- Shannon, Deric; Nocella II, Anthony; Asimakopoulos, John (2012). The Accumulation of Freedom. Oakland, Edinburgh, Baltimore: AK Press. ISBN 978-1849350945.
- Nathan J. Jun, ed. (2017). Brill's Companion to Anarchism and Philosophy. BRILL. p. 20. ISBN 978-90-04-35689-4.
- Long, Roderick T. (2006). "Editorial to Symposium Issue on Studies in Mutualist Political Economy". Journal of Libertarian Studies. 20 (1): 34.
- Block, Walter. Kevin Carson as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Journal of Libertarian Studies, Volume 20, No. 1 (Winter 2006), pp. 35–36
- Long, Roderick. "Land-locked: A Critique of Carson on Property Rights". Journal of Libertarian Studies, Volume 20, No. 1 (Winter 2006): 87–95