Kerava (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈkerɑʋɑ]; Swedish: Kervo) is a town and municipality in Finland. It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Uusimaa region. Its neighboring municipalities are Vantaa, Sipoo and Tuusula.
Kerava town centre
Location of Kerava in Finland
|• Mayor||Kirsi Rontu|
|• Total||30.79 km2 (11.89 sq mi)|
|• Land||30.62 km2 (11.82 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.17 km2 (0.07 sq mi)|
|Area rank||309th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||30th largest in Finland|
|• Density||1,211.72/km2 (3,138.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||94.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.7%|
|• 15 to 64||70.3%|
|• 65 or older||12%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.75%|
The town has a population of 37,103 (31 July 2020) and covers an area of 30.79 square kilometres (11.89 sq mi) of which 0.17 km2 (0.066 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1,211.72 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,138.3/sq mi). Kerava is the 30th largest municipality in terms of population, but the 5th smallest municipality in terms of area in Finland (and the second smallest in the Uusimaa region after Kauniainen).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish
Kerava has two railway stations, Kerava Central Railway Station and Savio station.
The city of Kerava joined Helsinki Regional Transport Authority (HSL) in 2010.
The Kerava Central Railway Station is an interchange station, with connections from the main track from Helsinki to Riihimäki to the tracks to Lahti and Porvoo. Helsinki Airport (HEL) is located about 15 kilometers to the southwest of the city by car.
Results of the 2019 Finnish parliamentary election in Kerava:
Notable people from KeravaEdit
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Heinäkuu 2020" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kerava at Wikimedia Commons