Kenneth K. A. Kafui (July 25, 1951 – March 18, 2020) was a Ghanaian composer. He was a lecturer in music theory and composition at the music department of the University of Ghana, Legon. He was also the director of Abibigromma theatre group of the university of Ghana. He is considered one of the leading composers of his generation in Ghana, in African art music. He composed choral works, works for choir and orchestra, symphonic works, piano and organ works, and works for traditional African instruments. He created new concepts and genres in African art music such as the Pentanata, the HD-3 form and Drumnata.
Following graduation, Kafui joined the university faculty as a teaching assistant in the department of music. The following year, he became a senior research assistant. While working at the university, he gained further qualifications, including a Diploma in African Music (1982) and a Master's degree in music (2003).
Kafui served as the choirmaster for the Madina Evangelical Presbyterian Church, and the Hohoe Evangelical Presbyterian Church, where he was also the organist. He also played organ for Trinity College.
Kafui was also a music Tutor at Achimota School before he moved onto the University of Ghana.
- Nutifafa (Peace), Op. 1 No. 1 (1972)
- Yehowa fe L)l) Lolo (God's Love is Great), Op. 1 No. 2 (1973)
- Dzifo Gbowo Navu, Op. 2 No. 1 (1974)
- Nunya Adidoe (Wisdom is like a Baobab Tree), Op. 1 No.5 (1979)
- Kokoeto (Holy One), Op. 1 No. 6 (1980)
- Dom Ko Mayi, Op. 2 No. 5 (1982)
- Miw) D) Kple Lolo, Op. 1 No. 11 (1983)
- Ne Nyo Ko Noviwo, Op. 1 No. 12 (1984)
- Brighten the Corner where you Are, Op. 1 No. 14 (1988)
- Mida akpe na Mawu
- Symphony No. 1 in D, Op. 3 No. 1 (1975)
- Rhapsody, Op. 3 No. 2 (1976)
- Kale, Op. 3 No. 3 (1977)
- Clarinet Concerto in B♭, Op. 3 No. 4 (1980)
- Pentaphony, Op. 3 No. 5 (1986)
- Nunya (Wisdom), for Tenor and pianoforte (1976)
- Dzogbenyuie (Goodwill), for Tenor and pianoforte (1977)
- Eny yie Enuanom, for Tenor and orchestra (1986)
- 6 Easy African Piano Pieces (1976–7)
- Pentanata no. 1, Op. 10 No. 1 (1980)
- Visitation (1985)
- Black Visitation (1986)
- 4 Keyboard Songs (1986)
- Pentanata no. 2, Op. 10 No. 2 (1986)
- Divine Love and Peace (1987)
- Sonata in D (1987)
- Daniel Avorgbedor. "Kafui, Kenneth." Grove Music Online. Oxford University Press, accessed 25 February 2014.
- "Dr Ken Kafui, a lecturer at the Music Department has reportedly passed on". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2020-03-25.
- "GhanaWeb, Choral composer Ken Kafui dies". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Kay, Ernest (1979). Men of Achievement. Melrose Press. p. 33. ISBN 9780900332500. Archived from the original on 2014-06-28. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Department of Music: Staff". University of Ghana. Archived from the original on 5 March 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Adrian Gaster, ed. (1977). International Who's Who in Music and Musicians' Directory. Melrose Press. p. 35. Archived from the original on 2014-06-28. Retrieved 2016-10-28.