Kendrick Woke Sampson
Kendrick Smith Sampson
March 8, 1988
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
Sampson was born and raised in Houston, Texas as the son of Daphne Smith Sampson and Hoyle Sampson, Sr. Sampson revealed that he had always been interested in the arts and his mother enrolled him in music lessons because he comes from a family of musicians and artists. Daphne used to play the piano for him as a child. Sampson expressed an interest in acting when he was around 10 after he saw a Gap commercial. His mother told him they needed to find an agent and that agent referred him to the Kim Terry Studio in Texas. He eventually started performing in the theater program in high school at Elkins High School (Texas). Sampson is a devout Christian.
In 2008, Sampson appeared in two episodes of the ABC Family series Greek and followed that up with an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in 2010. In July 2013, Sampson booked the recurring role of Jesse in the fifth season of The CW series, The Vampire Diaries. In January 2014, Sampson was cast in the role of Dean Iverson in the Fox miniseries, Gracepoint. In November 2014, Sampson starred in the music video for Hayley Kiyoko's song "This Side of Paradise." In early 2015, Sampson shot the pilot for a potential ABC series called The Kingmakers but the series wasn't picked up. In July 2015, Sampson booked the recurring role of Caleb Hapstall in season 2 of ABC's prime time legal drama, How to Get Away with Murder, produced by Shonda Rhimes. Sampson has also started his own production company called Sampson Studios.
|2005||Resurrection: The J.R. Richard Story||Lamar|
|2011||This Boy's Dream||Announcer||Short film|
|2011||Immune||Darren||Short film; Producer and writer|
|2012||The Sidelines||Fred Billings||Short film|
|2014||Survival||–||Short film; Assistant producer|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Derrick Gold||Episode: "Field Mice"|
|2011||Days of Our Lives||Jay Jordan||Episode: December 8, 2011|
|2013||The Vampire Diaries||Jesse||Recurring role; 5 episodes|
|2014||2014 Young Hollywood Awards||Himself||TV special|
|2015||Kingmakers||Pete Greer||TV movie|
|2015||VH1 Big in 2015 with Entertainment Weekly||Himself||TV special|
|2015–2016||How to Get Away with Murder||Caleb Hapstall||Recurring role; 13 episodes|
|2016||Hollywood Today Live||Himself||Episode: 16 March 2016|
|2016–2017||Supernatural||Max Banes||2 episodes|
|2017||Up To Us||Himself||Documentary|
|2017||Rosewood||Nathan Turner||Episode: "Asphyxiation & Aces"|
|2017||White Famous||Robbie MacDonald||Recurring; 4 episodes|
|2017||Relationship Status||Nate||4 episodes|
|2017||The Flash||Dominic Lanse / Brainstorm
Clifford DeVoe / Thinker
|Recurring role (3 episodes)|
|2018||Insecure||Nathan||2 and 4 episodes|
- "KENDRICK SAMPSON". ISSUE Magazine. Retrieved October 10, 2019.
BIRTH DATE: 3/8 BIRTH PLACE: H-town
- Ancestry.com (2005). Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 (Report). Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- Chang, Kee (January 20, 2014). "Q&A WITH KENDRICK SAMPSON". Anthem.
- "Acting Studio in Houston Texas". Parents. The Kim Terry Studio. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Menza, Kaitlin (December 5, 2013). "OK! Next Big Deal: Kendrick Sampson of Vampire Diaries Chats About Bonding With the Cast". OK! Magazine. American Media, Inc. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Yoo, Sarah (September 2015). "Kendrick Sampson". Celebrity. Composure Magazine (6): 75–82. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Abrams, Natalie (July 12, 2013). "Exclusive: The Vampire Diaries Taps Greek Alum, HIMYM Actress for Season 5". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (15 January 2014). "Fox Adds Kendrick Sampson To 'Gracepoint'". deadline.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Kiyoko, Hayley (November 12, 2014). "Hayley Kiyoko - This Side of Paradise". YouTube.
- Abrams, Sean (November 5, 2015). "Outfitted: Kendrick Sampson". Maxim. Biglari Holdings. Retrieved November 7, 2015.
- Petski, Denise (July 22, 2015). "Kendrick Sampson Joins 'How To Get Away With Murder'". Deadline. Retrieved August 1, 2015.