|Full name||Kelly Ann Ryan|
|Born||July 10, 1972|
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 3 in (160 cm)|
|Weight||(in season) 110–113 lb (50–51 kg) |
(off-season) 119–125 lb (54–57 kg)
|Criminal status||Previously incarcerated at Florence McClure Women's Correctional Center in North Las Vegas, Nevada Released on parole, 24 October 2017|
|Spouse(s)||Craig Titus (2003–2009)|
|Conviction(s)||Pled guilty to arson and entered a no-contest plea to battery with a deadly weapon and assault, along with husband Craig Titus|
|Criminal penalty||Two consecutive terms of 3–13 years each in state prison|
Early life and educationEdit
Her first fitness competition was the NPC South Carolina State in 1995, where she placed first.
She would eventually end up winning eight fitness competitions. Her background and presence in fitness contests made her a familiar face at fitness expositions as well as in fitness magazines.
Involvement in the murder of Melissa JamesEdit
On December 14, 2005 the burnt corpse of Melissa James, a woman who was in a sexual relationship with Titus and lived in Ryan and Titus' home, was discovered inside a Jaguar car belonging to Kelly Ryan. The couple went into hiding together and were arrested along with suspected accomplice, Anthony Gross, after a nine-day investigation.
A Nevada prosecutor alleged in open court that Titus was part of a plot to murder three witnesses due to testify in the case. No charges were filed and Titus’ defense lawyer said he didn't think that there was enough evidence for charges in the allegation.
The trial of co-defendant Anthony Gross on arson and accessory to murder charges was separated from the murder trial for Titus and Ryan.
On May 31, 2008, rather than going through a trial, Ryan and Titus pleaded guilty to reduced charges. Ryan pleaded guilty to one count of arson, entering an Alford plea to one count of battery with a deadly weapon resulting in significant bodily harm. She was sentenced to two consecutive terms of 3–13 years in prison.
On December 23, 2011, the Nevada Parole Board granted Ryan parole on the assault charges. She remained incarcerated to begin serving time for the arson charge. On September 2, 2014, Ryan was denied parole on the second charge.
On October 24, 2017 Ryan was released on parole after serving a nearly 12-year prison sentence at a Las Vegas area prison, having pleaded guilty to reduced charges in 2008 in connection with the death of Melissa James. 
- Height: 5' 3"
- Weight: 120 lbs. Competition; 125 lbs. Off-season
- 2004 Fitness International – 2nd place
- 2003 Fitness Olympia – 2nd place
- 2003 Night of Champions (fitness) – Champion
- 2003 Fitness International – 3rd place
- 2002 GNC Show of Strength – Champion
- 2002 Fitness Olympia – 2nd
- 2002 Jan Tana Pro Fitness – 1s
- 2002 Show of Strength Pro Fitness – 1st
- 2002 Southwest Pro Fitness – 1st
- 2001 Fitness Olympia –2nd
- 2001 Pittsburgh Pro Fitness – 1st
- 2001 Jan Tana Classic – 1st
- 2001 Fitness International – 2nd
- 2000 Fitness Olympia – 2nd
- 2000 Fitness International – 1st place
- 1999 IFBB Fitness Olympia – 2nd place
- 1999 IFBB Jan Tana Classic – 1st place
- 1999 World Pro Fitness – 2nd place
- 1998 Ms. Fitness America – 1st place
- 1998 Team Universe Fitness Championships – 1st place and overall winner
- 1996 NPC Junior USA Fitness – 3rd
- "Offender Detail Record". Nevada Offender Tracking Information System. Retrieved September 6, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Former Gamecock cheerleader, husband arrested in Massachusetts for murder". wistv.com. 23 December 2005. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Kelly Ryan's Corner - May 2005!". Bodybuilding.com. Archived from the original on 4 May 2015. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "'The Judges Want to See Boobs': How the Competitive Fitness Industry Pressures Women into Getting Breast Implants". Vice. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Bodybuilder, wife get prison in slaying". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Bodybuilders Plead Guilty In Gruesome Slay". CBS News. 31 May 2008. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Killer Bodies?". People. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Craig Titus One on One". Muscular Development. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Texas-sized drug problem". NY Daily News. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Bodybuilders accused of murder". msnbc.com. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan Investigation". titusandryan.com. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "THE TITUS-RYAN FILES". Flex Online. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Murder defendant Ryan's mom dies". April 27, 2006.
- "Bodybuilders Plead Guilty In Gruesome Slay". CBS News. May 31, 2008.