Keith Ellis (musician)
Keith Ian Ellis (19 March 1946 – 12 December 1978), was an English bass player. He was born in Matlock, Derbyshire. He is known for his associations with The Koobas, The Misunderstood and Juicy Lucy. He was also a member of Van der Graaf Generator from 1968 to 1969. Ellis worked with Mike Patto and Ollie Halsall's band Boxer from 1975 until late 1976 when the original line-up split.
Ellis died in Darmstadt, Germany in 1978, whilst on tour with Iron Butterfly. No cause of death was determined, although the music journalist Ralph Heibutzki reported in a 2011 edition of Ugly Things that he was the victim of an accidental drug overdose. He left behind a widow, Deborah.
- Christopulos, J., and Smart, P., Van der Graaf Generator – The Book, p. 23. (Phil and Jim Publishers, 2005.) ISBN 978-0955133701
- "Keith Ellis". Vandergraafgenerator.co.uk. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Christopulos and Smart, Van der Graaf Generator, p. 47.
- Heibutzki, Ralph, "Traveling Show: The Serendipitous & Surreal Six-Stringed Life & Times Of Ollie Halsall, part 3", Ugly Things, issue no.31, Spring 2011.
- "Sofa Sound". Sofa Sound. Retrieved 16 June 2013.