Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus(Redirected from Keio University SFC)
Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus (慶應義塾大学湘南藤沢キャンパス Keio Gijuku Daigaku Shonan-Fujisawa kanpasu), also known as “Keio SFC” is a research-oriented campus of Keio University located in the city of Fujisawa, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. The campus currently offers three undergraduate courses, two postgraduate courses and incorporates one high school and several research institutes. The campus was designed by Fumihiko Maki, a Pritzker Prize laureate.
Keio Gijuku Daigaku Shonan-Fujisawa kanpasu
|Location||Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan|
Keio Gijuku(public school) was founded by Fukuzawa Yukichi in 1858 in downtown Tokyo. The subsidiary Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus was opened in 1990, starting with the Faculty of Policy Management and Faculty of Environmental Information. This was expanded in 1991 with the establishment of three Research Institutes (Policy Management, Environmental Information, and Language Communication).
In addition to the university, the Shonan Fujisawa Junior and Senior High Schools were added in 1992, and a graduate school for Media and Governance in 1994. The Keio Research Institute was opened in 1996. From the year 2001, the school added a Faculty of Nursing and Medical Care, followed by a teacher training course in 2002. A graduate school of Health Management was started in 2005.
- The Keio Research Institute at SFC (KRIS)
- Keio Fujisawa Innovation Village SFC-IV
- Jun Murai: founder of JUNET and president of WIDE Project
- Heizo Takenaka: economist, former politician (member of Koizumi Cabinet)
- Fumihiko Maki: Pritzker Prize Laureate
- Shirō Asano : former governor of Miyagi Prefecture
- Hiroshi Shimizu: project leader of Eliica
- Takeshi Natsuno: creator of i-mode
- Shunji Yamanaka: designer of Nissan Infiniti Q45, Suica
- Naoki Sakai: designer of Nissan Be-1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keio University.|
- Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus (SFC)
- Academic Organizations Related to SFC
- WIDE project
- WIDE University
- Keio SFC Global Campus
|This article on a Kanagawa Prefecture institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|