|Member of Parliament|
|Assumed office |
|Born||30 July 1967|
|Political party||Republic (Tjóðveldi)|
Early life and educationEdit
Katrin Kallsberg was born, 30 July 1967, in Denmark. Her parents, Olga and Kaj Kallsberg, are Faroese. She lived in Denmark the first six years of her life, until the family moved back to the Faroe Islands. The rest of her childhood she lived in Eiði (1975-1979) and Tórshavn where her father Kaj Kallsberg was working as a physician. At the age of 16 she spent one year in the U.S. as an exchange student. After that she went to the high school of Tórshavn in Hoydalar. She studied medicine in Denmark and specialized to become a gynaecologist.
In 1995, she worked as a physician in Srebrenica with Doctors Without Borders for a short period. After Screbrenica, she moved back to the Faroe Islands to work as a gynaecologist and consultant surgeon at the hospital in Tórshavn, Landssjúkrahúsið.
Kallsberg was chairwomen of the Faroese Equal Status Council (Javnstøðunevndin) from March 2012 until February 2016. She participated in the Faroese TV-documentary Fólksins Rødd and participates in the Faroese radio debate programme Also.
- 2015-2019 Chairwoman of the Welfare Committee
- 2015-2019 Member of the Culture Committee
- "Katrin Kallsberg" (in Faroese). Løgting. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Kallsberg, Katrin. "Katrin Kallsberg" (in Faroese). Tjóðveldi. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Læknin" (in Faroese). Eiðis Municipality. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Rana, Danjal av (27 January 2016). "Familjan var bangin um Katrina" (in Faroese). in.fo. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Læknar í starvi" (in Faroese). Landssjúkrahúsið. Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- ls.fo - Gynækologisk ambulatorium Archived 2016-03-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "Katrin Kallsberg nýggj forkvinna í javnstøðunevndini". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- user, Demo. "Javnstøðunevndin". Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Tjóðveldi". Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- Løgtingsval 1. September 2015 Archived 2015-09-08 at the Wayback Machine, kvf.fo
- (www.knassar.com), Knassar - the new media web partner. "Stór ósemja millum partarnar í Trivnaðarnevndini - Føroyski portalurin - portal.fo". Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Katrin Kallsberg vil gera mun" (in Faroese). Kvinna. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2016.