Katie Rose Clarke
Katie Rose Clarke
Katherine Rose Clarke
August 25, 1984
Friendswood, Texas, U.S.
Christopher Alan Rogers (m. 2012)
Clarke was born on August 25, 1984 in Friendswood, Texas. She got her start acting and singing in the United Methodist Church. Clarke is a BFA musical theatre graduate of Sam Houston State University.
She made her Broadway debut in The Light in the Piazza on December 9, 2005, at the age of 21, at the Vivian Beaumont Theater under the name "Katie Clarke". Clarke succeeded Kelli O'Hara in the part of Clara Johnson, after O'Hara had left the show to play Babe Williams opposite Harry Connick Jr. in The Pajama Game.
Her other theater credits include Craig Lucas' 2007 play Prayer for my Enemy at the Long Wharf Theatre in New Haven, Connecticut and the Deborah Abramson/William Finn musical revue Travels With My Discontent at the Barrington Stage Company. She also performed in the regional production of TUTS Houston Anything Goes in the ensemble. She was profiled in The New York Times in January 2006.
She portrayed the role of Glinda on the first national tour of the musical Wicked. She succeeded Christina DeCicco on November 6, 2007 and starred alongside Carmen Cusack as Elphaba, who was later replaced by Donna Vivino. She left the company in San Diego, California on August 16, 2009 and was replaced by Chandra Lee Schwartz.
She later reprised the role of Glinda at the Gershwin Theatre on Broadway on January 14, 2010, replacing Erin Mackey. She starred alongside Dee Roscioli, Mandy Gonzalez and Teal Wicks during her run. Clarke took medical leave in March/April 2011, during which time the role of Glinda was played by Laura Woyasz. Clarke left the Broadway company on September 25, 2011. Schwartz left the national tour to be Clarke's replacement.
She and Massey finished their limited engagement with the tour company on February 23, 2012, with Alli Mauzey replacing Clarke as Glinda. She returned to the role of Glinda in the Broadway production of Wicked from April 23, 2013 to September 22, 2013. Clarke holds the record for longest-running actress to play the role of Glinda on Broadway.
Clarke played the role of Hannah in the Broadway production of Allegiance. She was cast as Ellen in the Broadway revival of Miss Saigon, which began performances on March 1, 2017 and closed on January 14, 2018. Clarke will once again return to the role of Glinda in the Broadway production of Wicked beginning December 11, 2018.
On December 15, 2012 she married Christopher Alan Rogers. Their wedding was held with special memories in Galveston, Texas and the couple reside in New York City. In April 2018, Clarke announced her pregnancy with her and Rogers' first child, due in June 2018. Clarke gave birth to their daughter Eleanor Rose Rogers on June 18, 2018.
- "Broadway star holds local benefit concert in Friendswood", abclocal.go.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- McKinley, Jessie. "New Stars in Old Parts as Broadway Feels the Chill", The New York Times, January 6, 2006.
- Katie Clarke Theatre Credits at BroadwayWorld.com. Accessed 15 September 2008.
- Sommer, CurtainUp, Elyse. "Travels With My Discontent: A New Musical Revue, a CurtainUp Berkshire Report". Curtainup.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Schwartz to Join Cast of Wicked Tour Aug. 21 in San Diego", Playbill.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- "Katie Rose Clarke Begins Performances as Glinda in 'Wicked' 1/12/2010", broadwayworld.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- "Jackie Burns and Chandra Lee Schwartz Will Fly Into Broadway's 'Wicked'" Archived 2011-09-14 at the Wayback Machine Playbill
- Katie Rose Clarke & Kyle Dean Massey Return to WICKED National Tour, 11/15, broadwayworld.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- " 'Wicked' Tour Will Welcome Alli Mauzey and Andy Kelso" Archived 2012-02-20 at the Wayback Machine, Playbill.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- Katie Rose Clarke Will Rejoin Broadway's WICKED as 'Glinda' 4/23, broadwayworld.com; retrieved April 15, 2013.
- "Katie Rose Clarke - Feinstein's/54 Below". 54below.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "54 Below", Playbill.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- "'Tenderloin'", Playbill.com; accessed December 15, 2017.
- BWW News Desk. "Katie Rose Clarke and Adam Halpin Star in Long Wharf Theatre's THE LAST FIVE YEARS, Running Now thru 6/1". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- "Katie Rose Clarke Joins Cast of Broadway's 'Allegiance'", BroadwayWorld.com; retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "Breaking News: Katie Rose Clarke and Nicholas Christopher Join 'Miss Saigon' on Broadway!", BroadwayWorld.com; retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Good News! Katie Rose Clarke Returns to the Role of Glinda!", BroadwayWorld.com; retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Clement, Olivia. "Broadway Stars Tapped for Industry Reading of 'I Can Get It for You Wholesale'", Playbill.com, June 5, 2017.