Katie Price (born Katrina Amy Alexandra Alexis Infield; 22 May 1978), previously known by the pseudonym Jordan, is an English television personality, model, author, singer, designer and businesswoman.
Katie Price pictured in 2014
Katrina Amy Alexandra Alexis Infield|
22 May 1978
Brighton, East Sussex, England
Katie Andre (married name)
Katie Reid (married name)
Katie Hayler (married name)
|Occupation||Businesswoman, singer, television personality, novelist, model|
(US$66.76 million) (est.)
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
(m. 2005; div. 2009)
(m. 2010; div. 2011)
Kieran Hayler (m. 2013)
citation needed] and was runner-up in the search for the UK's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005.[
Born in 1978 in Brighton, East Sussex, southeast England, Katie Price was the only child of Amy (née Charlier) and Ray Infield. Her father left the family when she was four, and in 1988 her mother married builder Paul Price, after which she acquired the surname Price. She has an older half-brother named Daniel and a younger half-sister named Sophie. Her maternal grandmother was Jewish, but she is not religious.
Price attended Blatchington Mill School She excelled at sport, swimming for Sussex in regional competitions. During her childhood, she also developed a passion for horses and horse-riding. She began modelling as a child, and at 13 she modelled for a clothing line.
At a friend's suggestion, Price had professional photographs taken and decided to pursue a modelling career. The pictures were sent to a modelling agency in London, and in 1996 she appeared in Page 3, a female glamour model pictorial in British newspaper The Sun.
She also regularly appeared in the Daily Star, FHM, the British edition of Playboy, Nuts, Maxim, Loaded, Vogue and Esquire and also ran as a candidate in Stretford and Urmston during the British General Election in 2001. She ended up winning 713 votes, 1.8% of the votes cast. In 2002, she appeared on the September cover of the American edition of Playboy magazine.
Price made cameo appearances as herself in the television dramas Dream Team and Footballers' Wives in 2004. Price also appeared on Top Gear's "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" in 2004. She completed the lap in one minute and fifty-two seconds."Series 4, Episode 3". Top Gear (UK). 23 May 2004. BBC.
Price appeared on The Big Breakfast in her earlier career and was a guest host on the first series of The Friday Night Project. In December 2005, she released an exercise fitness DVD, The Jordan Workout, featuring "The Juice Master" Jason Vale.
Price was a contestant on the third series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, a reality television series where a group of celebrities live together in a jungle environment with few luxuries, between the months of January and February in 2004. It was there that she met Peter Andre whom she would eventually marry and later divorce. In 2007, Price hosted the short-lived late-night chat show Katie & Peter: Unleashed with her former husband Peter Andre. In November 2009, Price made a return visit to I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in its ninth series. Presenters Ant & Dec insinuated during the broadcast that the surprise of Price's return had been ruined by the media.
She has also been the subject of many reality television series that chronicle her domestic life. This started with a trio of Channel 4 documentaries by film-maker Richard Macer: Jordan: The Truth About Me (2002), Jordan: The Model Mum and Jordan: You Don't Even Know Me (both 2004), and was followed Jordan Gets Even on Five in 2004. She later appeared in the documentary Jordan: Living With a Dream (Channel 4) and then launched the Katie & Peter franchise on ITV2 which documented the lives of Price and former husband Peter Andre. This franchise included several fly-on-the-wall reality series which comprised When Jordan Met Peter, Jordan & Peter: Laid Bare and Jordan & Peter: Marriage and Mayhem between 2004 and 2005; Katie & Peter: The Next Chapter, Katie & Peter: The Baby Diaries and Katie & Peter: Unleashed in 2007; Katie & Peter: Down Under and Katie & Peter: African Adventures in 2008; and Katie & Peter: Stateside in 2009. 
Price danced with her then-boyfriend Leandro Penna on the Argentine television programme Bailando por un Sueño 2012, a spin-off of Strictly Come Dancing.
In 2015, Price appeared on the fifteenth series of Celebrity Big Brother. She had been previously invited to appear on the show. On 6 February 2015, Price finished as the winner of the series.
Price has also established herself in the publishing industry. She was in the top 100 best selling authors of the decade for book sales between 2000 and 2009, with nearly three millions sales. In 2012, she was listed as 24th in the list of the 50 best-selling authors in Britain based on Nielsen BookScan statistics since 1998.
She released her first autobiography Being Jordan in May 2004. She conducted a 10-day book-signing tour which helped to propel her to first position in the Nielsen BookScan hardback sales chart and to sell 97,090 copies in one year; and over 1,000,000 as of January 2007. Her second autobiography, A Whole New World, was published in January 2006. It reached number two in the hardback general category and sold 198,105 copies by 1 April 2006.
Her second novel, Crystal, about a young woman's efforts to become a singer, sold 159,407 copies during the first three months after its release in June 2007. In July 2008, Price released her third novel, Angel Uncovered. In July 2009, Price released a novel entitled Sapphire which was number 1 on the hardback fiction chart for four consecutive weeks and sold 42,215 copies in its first two weeks in the UK alone. Price released her fifth novel, Paradise, in July 2010.. In 2014, Katie Price released her tenth novel "Make My Wish Come True".
In 2006 Price signed a £300,000 advance with Random House for Katie Price's Perfect Ponies, a series of children's books, with the first 6 released in 2007. New book in the series have been released ongoing, with 12 in total as of 2017.[dead link]
Price's daughter Princess landed her own book deal at just nine years old in 2017.
Price was runner-up in the selection contest for a representative for the United Kingdom at the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest. The selection process, named Making Your Mind Up, was broadcast live on television in March 2005. Price sang a song titled "Not Just Anybody".
In July 2010, Price released "Free to Love Again", a non-album single. About the release, she explained: "I'm not a singer, this is just something that I'm doing for fun. It's not like I'm worried about getting a chart position or number one, this is purely for fun. Whether people like it or not, I'm doing it."
Fashion and beauty
She brought out her first perfume, "Stunning", in 2007.
Equestrian clothing range
In 2008, Price signed a deal with Derby House to launch her equestrian range of clothing named "KP Equestrian".
It was announced on 9 July 2017 that Price would go on her first UK tour with An audience with Katie Price the tour will last 15 shows and will begin in Preston on 1 September 2017 and will finish in Southend on 16 December 2017.
Price and Peter Andre got together after spending time on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, and they married in September 2005 at Highclere Castle, Hampshire. In May 2009 they announced that they were separating.
In July 2009, Price began dating MMA fighter and former Hollyoaks actor Alex Reid. On 2 February 2010, Price married Reid in a private ceremony in Las Vegas at the chapel in the Wynn Hotel. They later also formally married in a church in the UK; the ceremony was filmed for her TV series. They separated in January 2011.
Katie Price gave birth to her first child, son Harvey Price, in Brighton in May 2002. Harvey's father is former footballer Dwight Yorke. Harvey was found to be blind, having a condition known as septo-optic dysplasia, meaning that the development of his optic nerve was unpredictable. As he has matured, she has also discovered that he is on the autistic spectrum, gains weight easily because he suffers from Prader–Willi syndrome, and finds walking difficult.
In August 2013, Price gave birth to her third son, Jett Riviera Hayler. On 4 August 2014, she gave birth to a second daughter, Bunny Hayler, two weeks prematurely.
In December 2007, Price underwent surgery in the United States to reduce the size of her breast implants and also had rhinoplasty. However, she was not happy with the results of her breast implants, so returned to Beverly Hills, California in July 2008 for corrective surgery. She returned to the United Kingdom with much smaller size 32C breasts.
In September 2009, Price claimed that she had previously been raped by a "famous celebrity", but had not reported the incident. Price insisted that she would "absolutely never" reveal who the attacker was. Surrey Police stated that they had not contacted Price: "No allegation of rape has been made and Miss Price will not be making a statement to police".
In August 2018 Price was able to avoid bankruptcy after a High Court hearing was adjourned to give her three months to pay off her debts, reportedly totalling more than £250,000, nearly a tenth of which is tax. Price did not attend court, but submitted proposals for an Individual Voluntary Arrangemnt (IVA), whereby creditors are repaid over a period of time.
|2006||A Whole New World||20||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2006||"A Whole New World"||12||—||A Whole New World|
|2010||"Free to Love Again"||60||—||Non-album singles|
|2017||"I Got U"||—||—|
- Being Jordan (2004)
- A Whole New World (2006)
- Pushed to the Limit (2008)
- You Only Live Once (2010)
- Love, Lipstick and Lies (2013)
- Reborn (2016)
- Angel (2006)
- Crystal (2007)
- Angel Uncovered (2008)
- Sapphire (2009)
- Paradise (2010)
- The Comeback Girl (2011)
- Santa Baby (2011)
- In the Name of Love (2012)
- Hes the One (2013)
- Make my wish come true (2014)
- Playing with fire (2018)
- Perfect Ponies (2007–present)
- Here Comes the Bride, Little Treasures, Fancy Dress Ponies, Pony Club Weekend, The New Best Friend, Ponies to the Rescue, My Pony Care Book, Star Ponies, Pony 'n' Pooch, Pony in Disguise, Stage Fright!, Secrets and Surprises, Wild West Weekend (in order of publication date)
- Mermaids & Pirates (2008–present)
- Follow the Fish, I Spy, Let's Build a Sandcastle, A Sunny Day, Telescope Overboard, Time for a Picnic, All Around, Hide and Seek, Katie the Mermaid, Katie's Day, Peter's Friends, Pirate Olympics (in order of publication date)
- Standing Out (2009)
Awards and nominations
|2004||Loaded Award||Cover Girl of the Decade||Herself||Won|||
|2005||British Book Awards||The Biography of the Year||Being Jordan||Nominated|||
|2007||Cosmopolitan Award||Woman of the Year||Herself||Won|||
|2008||British Book Awards||British Children's Book of the Year||My Pony Care Book||Nominated|||
|2009||Bounty Award||Celebrity Mum of the Year||Herself||Nominated|||
|2009||FiFi Awards||Award for Celebrity Fragrance||Besotted||Won|||
|2011||Virgin Music Media Awards||Loser of the Year||Herself||Won|||
|Worst Song||"Free to Love Again"||Won|
|Worst Use of Auto Tune||"Free to Love Again"||Won|
|2012||Foxy Bingo||Celebrity Mum of the Year||Herself||Won|||
|2013||Pure Beauty Award||Best New Design & Packaging Award||Kissable||Won|||
|2015||British LGBT Awards||Celebrity Straight Ally||Herself||Nominated|||
- Harding, Nick (21 July 2012). "My Secret Life: Katie Price". The Independent Magazine. London. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "1 Katie Price, 33, (reality TV) £45m (+£5m) – UK & World News". People.co.uk. 15 April 2012. Archived from the original on 14 November 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Katie Price: Celeb Profile". OK!. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Chaundy, Bob (2 August 2002). "Jordan: Fronting up". BBC News. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Dickinson, Matt (3 February 2010). "Katie Price: Life on the red-top roundabout". The Independent. UK. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Price, Katie (2006). Being Jordan: My Autobiography. John Blake. pp. 2–4. ISBN 1-84454-224-6.
- Katie Price: 'We love to earn money, who doesn't?' The Independent, INTERVIEW BY DEBORAH ROSS Saturday 11 October 2008
- "Katie Price's old school set to give students an extra hour in bed". Evening Standard. 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "History". Official Kate Price Website. Archived from the original on 2 November 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Banker, Leslie; Mullins, William (2009). Britannia in Brief: The Scoop on All Things British. Random House, Inc. pp. 61, 67. ISBN 0-345-50999-4.
- "Jordan Presses the Flesh". BBC News. 31 May 2001. Retrieved 18 April 2007.
- "Independent Doctor Triumphs". BBC News. 8 June 2001. Retrieved 18 April 2007.
- "Katie Price Video, Pictures, Gallery – AskMen UK". Uk.askmen.com. Archived from the original on 17 January 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Callender, Richard; Price, Katie; Vale, Jason (2005-12-26), The Jordan Workout, retrieved 2017-03-31
- "Katie's Jungle Return". ITV.com. 15 November 2009. Archived from the original on 20 November 2009. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Jordan decides on daughter's name". BBC News. 24 July 2007. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- Hattenstone, Simon (22 March 2008). "Who wants to be a billionaire?". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 6 July 2008.
- Exclusive Katie Price interview. 16 January 2015 – via YouTube.
- "Katie Price wins Celebrity Big Brother". Digital Spy. 6 February 2015.
- David Sexton "Katie Price knows how to kiss and sell", London Evening Standard, 2 September 2009
- MacArthur, Brian (22 December 2009). "Bestselling authors of the decade". Retrieved 17 September 2018 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Writing their way into a fortune: the top 50 biggest-selling authors of all time". Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Barkham, Patrick (15 January 2007). "I'm famous, buy me". The Guardian. UK.
- Kean, Danuta (24 September 2006). "Bookshop Bingo!". Independent on Sunday. FindArticles.com. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015.
- Dolby, Trevor (January 2007). "Publishing confessions". Prospect Magazine.
- Hamilton, Fiona (9 April 2006). "The Sunday Times bestsellers". The Sunday Times. UK.
- Lusher, Adam (23 September 2007). "Man Booker Prize 2007: Why Jordan is better read than Ian McEwan". The Daily Telegraph. UK.
- Tim Adams (19 March 2006). "The pen pushers". The Observer. UK.
- Carol Midgley (19 July 2007). "Let's hear it for Katie Price, role model". The Times. UK.
- Bestsellers The Guardian Archived 30 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Paradise (Angel Summer, #3)". Goodreads. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Ikon London Magazine coverage from the press launch". Ikon London Magazine. 26 October 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Katie Price's Perfect Ponies: My Pony Care Book My Perfect Pony: Katie Price". Amazon.com. Retrieved 19 May 2009.
- Forrest, Susanna (14 July 2007). "Why girls still sign up for the pony club". The Daily Telegraph. UK.
- "Jordan Katie Price No More OK! Magazine Column Morgan Awards – Sky Living HD". BSkyB. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Katie Price lands 'Sun on Sunday' column – Showbiz News". Digital Spy. 25 February 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Javine wins UK Eurovision contest". BBC News. 5 March 2005. Retrieved 18 March 2007.
- Duncan, Amy (16 July 2010). "Katie Price nervously mimes Free To Love Again on TV for the first time". Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Katie Price". Jigsaw ESL. Archived from the original on 30 January 2012.
- Hannah Gray (5 September 2008). "Jordan brings a touch of glamour to equestrian clothing". Peterborough Evening Telegraph. Retrieved 8 November 2008.
- "Katie Price named as polo patron". BBC Essex. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 26 September 2009.
- "Katie Price on Instagram: "Pleased to announce my UK Tour "An audience with Katie Price" Tickets on sale now from the venues ticket sites/box office - Book now"". Instagram. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Katie Price and Peter Andre announce split". OK!. 11 May 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2009.
- "Katie: Pete left me and I'm devastated". OK!. 11 May 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2009.
- Katie Price suffered miscarriage a month before split from Peter Andre The Daily Telegraph, 11 July 2009
- "Price spends night with ex-soap actor". 26 July 2009. Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- "Model Katie Price married Alex Reid in Vegas". BBC News. 2 February 2010.
- 3 am. "Alex Reid has got one month to attempt to infiltrate the cold, hard shell of Jordan's emotions – Gasp!". 3am. Archived from the original on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Katie Price: 'A psychic told me I'd marry a Kevin, Kieran is close'". Digital Spy.
- "Katie Price announces her Divorce with Kieran Hayler". news.biharprabha.com. Indo-Asian News Service. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Catherine Deveney (5 February 2006). "Two faces of Jordan". The Scotsman. UK. Archived from the original on 5 February 2007. Retrieved 18 March 2007.
- "Jordan decides on daughter's name". BBC News. 24 July 2007. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- "Katie Price shares first picture of newborn daughter". The Irish Independent. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Jordan treated for cancer". BBC News. 11 August 2002. Retrieved 18 March 2007.
- "Downsizing Jordan: How Katie Price shrank her assets in time for Christmas". London Evening Standard. UK. 27 December 2007. Archived from the original on 3 August 2009. Retrieved 20 February 2008.
- "Price contacted over rape claim". BBC News. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Price not quizzed over rape claim". BBC News. 18 September 2009. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- Frith, Mark (7 August 2018). "The rise and fall of Katie Price". Retrieved 17 September 2018 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Anderson, Alana (7 August 2018). "Katie Price avoids bankruptcy and is given 12 weeks to pay back debts". Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Kelly, Aoife (22 June 2017). "Katie Price sings new single I Got U on Loose Women – Ruth Langsford and Coleen Nolan's faces speak for everyone – Independent.ie". Independent.ie. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Lucy Mangan. "The changing face of Katie Price". the Guardian.
- men Administrator (30 June 2005). "Jordan up for book award". men. Archived from the original on 16 July 2015.
- "Katie Price Named Woman of the Year". 7 November 2007.
- Lindesay Irvine. "The Galaxy British Book Awards shortlists are announced". the Guardian.
- "Model Katie Price up for Celebrity Mum of the Year". The Daily Telegraph. London. 20 October 2009.
- "UK Fifi Awards 2009 ~ the winners".
- metrowebukmetro (9 February 2011). "Katie Price voted 'loser of the year' at Virgin Media Music Awards - Metro News". Metro.
- "Katie Price crowned 'Celebrity Mum of the Year' 2012". Digital Spy. 15 March 2012.
- "Katie Price shows off post baby figure as she heads to beauty awards". Reveal.
- "Katie Price, Lady Gaga, Tom Daley nominated in British LGBT Awards". Reveal.