Katharine Blake (actress)
Katharine Blake (11 September 1921 – 1 March 1991) was a South African-born British actress, with an extensive career in television and movies.  She was married to director Charles Jarrott. She had two daughters, each by different fathers, Jenny Kastner (Nee Jacobs), with her first husband, actor Anthony Jacobs (father of Martin Jameson, Matthew Jacobs and Amanda Jacobs), and Lindy Greene, with her second husband, actor/director David Greene. She was estranged from both daughters at the time of her death.
Film and television actress Katharine Blake
|Born||11 September 1921|
|Died||1 March 1991 (aged 69)|
London, England, United Kingdom
|Spouse(s)||Anthony Jacobs, Charles Jarrott, David Greene|
Blake won the BAFTA for Best Actress for her work in television in 1964. In 1969/1970 she played the character Chris Nourse in first an episode of Public Eye and then in Armchair Theatre's Wednesday's Child; one of the first lesbian love affairs to be seen on UK television. Blake replaced Googie Withers as the Prison Governor in the ITV series Within These Walls in 1977, but only appeared in one season, leaving the role due to ill health.
- Trottie True (1949) – Ruby Rubarto (uncredited)
- Assassin for Hire (1951) – Maria Riccardi
- The Dark Light (1951) – Linda
- Hunted (1952) – Waitress
- Saturday Island (1952) – Nurse
- Hammer the Toff (1952) – Janet Lord
- Now That April's Here (1958) – Hilda Adams (segment "The Rejected One")
- Edgar Wallace Mysteries (episode: To Have and to Hold) - Claudia (1963) – (Working Title: BFI: 'Sleep Long, My Love')
- Anne of the Thousand Days (1969) – Elizabeth Boleyn
- 1961: The Avengers – Dr. Ampara Alvarez Sandoval
- 1962: Sir Francis Drake – The Dark Lady
- 1962: Maigret – Mado
- 1963: The Saint – Rosemary Chase
- 1967: The Baron – Madame Nicharos
- 1969: Public Eye – Mrs. Chris Nourse
- 1971: Paul Temple – Drucilla Ardrey
- 1972: The Shadow of the Tower – Signora Cabot
- 1972: No Exit – Claire Dufort
- 1959–1973: Armchair Theatre – Sylvia Forsyth / Chris Nourse / Hilary / Marie / Carla Melini / Doris Binstead
- 1974: Crown Court – Irene Rutland
- 1976: Within These Walls – Prison Governess — Helen Forrester
- McFarlane, Brian; Slide, Anthony (May 16, 2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Manchester University Press. ISBN 9781526111968 – via Google Books.
- "Katharine Blake". Archived from the original on 18 December 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Maxford, Howard (November 8, 2019). Hammer Complete: The Films, the Personnel, the Company. McFarland. ISBN 9781476629148 – via Google Books.
- "Television in 1964 | BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org.
- "ARMCHAIR THEATRE Volume Two / DVD Review". www.cathoderaytube.co.uk. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Wednesday's Child (1970)". BFI.
- "Islands in the Heartline (1976)". BFI.
|This article about a South African actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|