Kate O'Connell (née Newman; born 3 January 1980) is a former Irish Fine Gael politician who was Teachta Dála (TD) for the Dublin Bay South constituency from the 2016] to 2020 until the February 2020 General Election. O'Connell was a member of Dublin City Council from 2014 to 2016.
February 2016 – February 2020
|Constituency||Dublin Bay South|
3 January 1980
Kilbeggan, County Westmeath, Ireland
|Political party||Fine Gael|
|Spouse(s)||Morgan O'Connell (m. 2008)|
|Alma mater||University of Brighton|
O'Connell is from Kilbeggan, County Westmeath. From 1999 to 2003, she studied to be a pharmacist at the University of Brighton, graduating as an M Pharm in the United Kingdom. She then worked as a hospital pre-registrar in the Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, before returning to Ireland to practice as a locum-pharmacist. By 2006, O'Connell and her husband opened up their first pharmacy in Sandyford, and later opened up pharmacies in Rathgar, and Rathfarnham.
She lost her seat at the 2020 general election.
- "O'Connell's sister aiming to become the third family member in Leinster House". Irish Independent. 28 March 2018.
- "Kate O'Connell". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Kate O'Connell". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Election 2016: Kate O'Connell". RTÉ News. 28 February 2016.
- "Kate O'Connell talks challenges facing Irish healthcare". Irish Pharmacist News (IPN). Vol. 9 no. 10. January 2017. pp. 8–9. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
|New constituency|| Teachta Dála for Dublin Bay South
With: Eoghan Murphy
|This article about a Fine Gael politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Teachta Dála (TD) – a member of Dáil Éireann – is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|