Katherine Jane Pickett
1974 (age 46–47)
|Awards||Winner, MasterChef Australia|
Bracks, mother of three children, was previously a school teacher. She lives in Orange, New South Wales and attends Orange Evangelical Church. While on the show, Bracks refused to call the Dalai Lama "Your Holiness", saying that "My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy." Her stance attracted media attention in India.
- Byrnes, Holly (8 August 2011). "Kate Bracks of Orange in NSW wins MasterChef in 2011". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 8 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kate Bracks, MasterChef profile.
- Prisk, Tracey (11 May 2011). "Kate's in the master mix". Central Western Daily. Retrieved 8 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Byrnes, Holly (15 July 2011). "A Dalai Lama dilemma for MasterChef contestant Kate". Herald Sun. Retrieved 8 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant". The Indian Express. 15 July 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
| MasterChef Australia