This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Katherine Virginia "Kassie" DePaiva (née Wesley; born March 21, 1961) is an American actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Bobby Joe in the horror film Evil Dead II (1987) and her work in American daytime soap operas. She is also known for her portrayal of Blair Cramer on ABC's One Life to Live. Other roles included Chelsea Reardon on Guiding Light, and her current role as Eve Donovan on NBC's Days of Our Lives.
DePaiva in 2015
Katherine Virginia Wesley
March 21, 1961
|Occupation||Actress and singer|
James DePaiva (m. 1996)
DePaiva began her career at 18 as a solo artist at the Grand Ole Opry. After her stint in Nashville, she attended both Indiana University and UCLA, studying theatre, dropping out before graduation to entertain USO troops in Asia. She appeared as a contestant on the CBS game show Body Language, teaming with soap opera star Catherine Hickland. DePaiva made her debut in daytime originating the role of Chelsea Reardon on Guiding Light (October 1986–January 1991). On Monday, November 29, 1993, she began portraying her most notable role, the part of Blair Daimler Cramer on One Life to Live, formerly portrayed by half-Asian actress, Mia Korf. She first appeared Friday, December 17, 1993, and was with OLTL for nearly 19 years until the series was canceled. DePaiva's pairing with the character Todd Manning struck a cord with viewers. In 2012, she reprised her role of Blair for several guest stints on ABC's daytime serial General Hospital.
In January 2014, Soap Opera Digest confirmed that DePaiva had joined the cast of the NBC serial Days of Our Lives as Eve Donovan. DePaiva made her debut on July 18, 2014. In September 2015, DePaiva was let go from the soap, with her last appearance on February 2, 2016; she later returned for several guest appearances in June and December of the same year. DePaiva returned full-time on October 27, 2017.
DePaiva has been married to fellow One Life to Live actor James DePaiva since May 31, 1996, and gave birth to their son, James Quentin DePaiva, on May 12, 1997. She was previously married to Richard C. Hankins. In August 2016, DePaiva announced she had been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia the month prior.
|1986–1991||Guiding Light||Chelsea Reardon||Role held: October 27, 1986 – January 25, 1991|
|1987||Evil Dead II||Bobby Joe||Film; as Kassie Wesley|
|1993–2013||One Life to Live||Blair Cramer||Role held: December 17, 1993 – January 13, 2012,|
April 29, 2013 – August 19, 2013
sometimes credited as Kassie Wesley DePaiva
|1993||The Pro Shop||Host|
|1993||Time Trax||Caitlin Carlisle||as Kassie Wesley|
|1994||Melrose Place||Betty Benson-Chappell||Episode: "Reunion Blues"|
|1994||Baywatch||Crystal Harr||Episode: "Western Exposure"; as Kassie Wesley|
|2006||Undone||N/A||Film; associate producer|
|2013||We Are What We Are||Emma Parker||Film|
|2012||General Hospital||Blair Cramer||Role held: March 2, 2012 – December 3, 2012|
|2014–present||Days of Our Lives||Eve Donovan||Series regular |
Role held: June 18, 2014 – February 2, 2016; September 8 – October 4, 2016; December 9, 2016 – December 12, 2016; October 27, 2017 – present
|2016||Castle||Joanna Masters||Episode: "Witness for the Prosecution"|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Soap Opera Digest Award||Hottest Female Star||One Life to Live||Nominated|
|Outstanding Lead Actress||Nominated|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Most Irresistible Combination (shared with Trevor St. John)||Nominated|
|Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
|Soap Opera Digest Award||Outstanding Lead Actress||Nominated|
|Hoboken International Film Festival||Best Actress (Feature Film)||Undone||Nominated|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series||Days of Our Lives||Nominated|
|Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Pending|
- "Seeing stars by watching reruns". October 7, 2008.
- "KASSIE DEPAIVA JOINS DAYS". January 24, 2014. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Lewis, Errol (January 24, 2014). "RUMOR NO MORE: Kassie DePaiva Joins 'DAYS'". Soap Opera Network. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- SOD (October 27, 2017). "Kassie DePaiva Dishes DAYS Return". Soap Opera Digest. United States: American Media, Inc. Odyssey Magazine Publishing Group Inc. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- King, Brittany (August 25, 2016). "Days of Our Lives star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis". Entertainment Weekly. United States: Time Inc. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- Kassie DePaiva battling leukemia", nydailynews.com; accessed September 6, 2016.
- "Viewer's Favorite Award for Most Irresistible Combination". CBS. Archived from the original on March 6, 2007. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Daytime Emmy Award Nominations". TVWeek. Detroit, Michigan: Crain Communications. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Winners & Nominees 2008". New York: hobokeninternationalfilmfestival.com. 2014. Archived from the original on March 8, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "The 43rd Annual Daytime Emmy Award Nominations" (PDF). New York: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. March 24, 2016. Archived (PDF) from the original on March 24, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.