Karunagappally State assembly constituency is one of the 140 state legislative assembly constituencies in Kerala state in southern India. It is also one of the 7 state legislative assembly constituencies included in the Alappuzha Lok Sabha constituency. As of the 2021 assembly elections, the current MLA is C. R. Mahesh of Indian National Congress.
|Constituency for the|
|Established||1957 - present|
|Total electors||2,13,993 (2021)|
|Member of Legislative Assembly|
Karunagappally assembly constituency was formed in 1951. As per the recent changes on assembly constituency delimitations, the assembly constituency consists of Karunagappally municipality and 6 panchayaths from Karunagappally Taluk including Alappad, Clappana, Kulasekharapuram, Oachira, Thazhava and Thodiyoor.
Major institutions in the constituencyEdit
- Municipality: 1 Karunagappally
- Panchayaths: 6 (Alappad, Clappana, Kulasekharapuram, Oachira, Thazhava and Thodiyoor)
- Railway Stations: 2 (Karunagappalli, Oachira)
- Government Hospitals: 4 (Chest Disease Hospital(TB) in Karunagappally, Govt. Taluk Hospital in Karunagappally, Community Health Center in Mynagapally, Community Health Center in Ochira)
Members of Legislative AssemblyEdit
The following list contains all members of Kerala legislative assembly who have represented the constituency:
|1957||1st||P. Kunjukrishnan||INC||1957 – 1960|
|1960||2nd||Baby John||IND||1960 – 1965|
|1967||3rd||1967 – 1970|
|1970||4th||RSP||1970 – 1977|
|1977||5th||B. M. Sheriff||CPI||1977 – 1980|
|1980||6th||1980 – 1982|
|1982||7th||T. V. Vijayarajan||IND||1982 – 1987|
|1987||8th||P. S. Sreenivasan||CPI||1987 – 1991|
|1991||9th||1991 – 1996|
|1996||10th||E. Chandrasekharan Nair||CPI||1996 – 2001|
|2001||11th||A. N. Rajan Babu||JSS||2001 – 2006|
|2006||12th||C. Divakaran||CPI||2006 – 2011|
|2011||13th||2011 – 2016|
|2016||14th||R. Ramachandran||CPI||2016 - 2021|
|2021||15th||C. R. Mahesh||INC||Incumbent|
Percentage change (±%) denotes the change in the number of votes from the immediate previous election.
Niyamasabha Election 2021Edit
There were 2,13,993 registered voters in the constituency for the 2021 Kerala Niyamasabha Election
|INC||C. R .Mahesh||94,225||54.38||12.41|
|NOTA||None of the above||450||0.26|
|Margin of victory||29,208||16.68||15.59|
|INC gain from CPI||Swing|
Niyamasabha Election 2016Edit
There were 2,04,539 registered voters in the constituency for the 2016 Kerala Niyamasabha Election.
|INC||C. R. Mahesh||68,143||41.97||2.38|
|SDPI||A. K. Salahudeen||1,737||1.07||4.48|
|NOTA||None of the above||590||0.36|
|Margin of victory||1,759||1.09||9.45|
Niyamasabha Election 2011Edit
There were 1,82,508 registered voters in the constituency for the 2011 election.
|JSS||A. N. Rajanbabu||54,564||39.59|
|Independent||P. D. Sudheer||868||0.63||-|
|Margin of victory||14,522||10.54|
- ^ "State Assembly Constituencies in Kollam district, Kerala". kollam.gov.in.
- ^ "ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES AND THEIR EXTENT - Kerala" (PDF). Kerala Assembly. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- ^ "Kerala Niyamasabha Election Results 2016, Election commission of India". eci.gov.in.
- ^ "Kerala Niyamasabha Election Results 2011, Election commission of India". eci.gov.in. Retrieved 11 March 2020.