Karthick Naren (born 23 July 1994) is an Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, producer who works in Tamil cinema.
Karthick Naren was born on 23 July 1994 in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu to MNG Mani and Saradha Mani. A native of Ooty, he spent most of his life in Coimbatore. Naren completed his schooling at Lisieux Matriculation Higher Secondary School. He went on to join Mechanical Engineering at Kumaraguru College of Technology. He dropped out during his third year of Mechanical engineering course to pursue a career in filmmaking. Naren had directed several award-winning short films like Pradhi and Nirangal Moondru before his silver screen debut.
Naren made his directorial debut at the age of 22 with the critically and commercially successful thriller Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru. Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru was bankrolled by his home banner Knight Nostalgia Filmotainment. The film crossed 100-days at the box office, becoming one of the highest grossing debut films in Kollywood.  The film made Naren one of the most promising directors in Tamil Cinema.
Naren's sophomore project Naragasooran has an ensemble cast. Starring Arvind Swamy, Shriya Saran, Sundeep Kishan and Indrajith , the shoot of the film has been completed in 41 days.  Naragasooran is produced by Badri Kasturi of Shradda Entertainment. The film has yet to see a theatrical release.
|2016||Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru||Tamil||Rahman, Prakash Vijayaraghavan, Ashwin Kumar|
|2020||Mafia: Chapter 1||Tamil||Arun Vijay, Prasanna, Priya Bhavani Shankar|
|2020||Naragasooran||Tamil||Aravind Swamy, Indrajith, Shriya Saran, Sundeep Kishan, Aathmika|
|2020||D43||Tamil||Dhanush, Malavika Mohanan|
- Pilot Film
- Short films
- Vizhiyin Suvadugal
- Nirangal Monndru
- Oomai Kural- The Surreal Silence
- As actor
|2016||Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru||Short film maker|
|2019||Ninu Veedani Needanu Nene||Psychology student||Telugu film; cameo appearance|
|2017||Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru||Best Story||Won|
|2017||Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru||Best Director||Won|
|2017||Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru||Best Debut Director||Won|
- "I made my dad proud by making'Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru': Karthick Naren". The Hindu. 7 February 2017.
- "Karthick Naren: One of the youngest filmmakers to have a blockbuster under his belt - the Tamil whodunit D-16". The Economic Times. 2 April 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Rajendran, Karthika (24 March 2016). "21-year-old directs Rahman". The Hindu.
- Vasudevan, K V (31 December 2016). "Karthick Naren on 'Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru". The Hindu.
- Suganth, M (7 January 2017). "I had doubts if people would accept the film: Karthick Naren". Times of India.
- Shekar, GC (7 April 2017). "24 frames at just 21". Outlook India. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- ., Srivatsan (24 May 2017). "Uriyadi's Vijay Kumar to D-16's Karthick Naren, 5 promising filmmakers of Tamil cinema". India Today. Retrieved 17 November 2017.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "'ആ ചിത്രം കാണാന് അക്ഷമനായി കാത്തിരിക്കുന്നു' - ഗൗതം വാസുദേവ മേനോന്". South Live. 14 November 2017. Archived from the original on 17 November 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Karthick Naren-Arun Vijay's 'Mafia' to start rolling this week!". Sify. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "director Karthick narens".
- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news/simbu-and-karthick-naren-to-join-hands/articleshow/64758533.cms. Missing or empty
- "Karthick Naren and Malavika Nair play extended cameos in 'Kannadi'". Times of India. 3 April 2019. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- Subramanian, Anupama (30 March 2017). "D16 director gets his first award". Deccan Chronicle.
- Today, India (2 July 2017). "SIIMA Awards 2017 Day 2: Mohanlal wins Best Actor, Vijay bags Best Entertainer". India Today.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|