Karol Zalewski (Polish pronunciation: [ˈkarɔl zaˈlɛfski]; born 7 August 1993) is a Polish athlete who specialises in the sprinting events. He reached the semifinals of the 2013 World Championships in the 200 metres. He is also the 2013 European U23 champion over that distance.
|Born||7 August 1993|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
The Polish quartet of Karol Zalewski, Rafał Omelko, Łukasz Krawczuk, Jakub Krzewina broke the world indoor record in the men's 4x400m with a stunning finish to the final track event of the 2018 World Indoor Championships in Birmingham. Krzewina overtook the leaders from the beginning - Americans on the last straight and achieved the greatest success in their career.
1Did not start in the semifinals
- 100 metres – 10.25 (+0.9 m/s, Bydgoszcz 2013)
- 200 metres – 20.26 (-0.3 m/s, Sopot 2016)
- 400 metres – 45.11 (Berlin 2018)
- 60 metres – 6.75 (Spała 2016)
- 200 metres – 20.64 (Toruń 2018)
- 400 metres – 46.20 (Toruń 2018)
|This biographical article relating to Polish athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|