Karan Oberoi (model)
Karan Oberoi (born 26 September 1987) also known as KO, is an Indian fitness and fashion model. He is known for his contribution to fitness modelling as well as for modelling Indian and International brands and labels, and walking the ramp for designers. He has appeared on the cover of magazines such as Men's Health and Health & Nutrition. In addition, he appeared in campaigns of Reebok, Royal Enfield and Isuzu. Oberoi was appointed as the 'World Peace Messenger' as a part of the United Nations Global Compact in 2018. The Hindustan Times featured him in the list of India's top supermodels in March 2018.
Karan Oberoi in 2020
|Alma mater||Delhi University|
|Occupation||Fitness and fashion model|
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
Early life and educationEdit
Karan Oberoi was born and brought up in a Sikh family in New Delhi. His mother, Jasvinder Oberoi, is an associate professor of Hindi literature in one of the colleges in Delhi University and his father, G.S. Oberoi worked in a public sector bank.
He earned his bachelor's degree in Commerce and a post graduate diploma in Mass Media from Delhi University. He then earned an MBA in International Business from Amity International Business School, Noida.
Oberoi has walked for Fashion designers such as Rohit Bal, Shantanu & Nikhil, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Arjun Khanna and for brands like Aldo Group, Jack & Jones and Lamborghini. As a fashion model, he has also walked in fashion weeks Lakme Fashion Week, Wills Fashion Week, Beach Resort Fashion Week, GQ Fashion Nights and India Couture Week.
He has been the poster boy of FBB brand for two consecutive years. He has modelled for Royal Enfield motorcycles & Riding Apparels, Reebok India and Japanese Automobile brand Isuzu. He has appeared on the cover for Health & Nutrition and Men's Health. He was the official brand ambassador for British Nutrition.
Awards and recognitionEdit
Oberoi was awarded as 'Top Fitness Model' by HT Brunch in early 2018. He won the title of 'Best Body' at Mr. India International. At the Global Leadership Awards held in April 2018, he won the 'Youth Icon Model of the Year'. He was labelled as "Hottie of the fortnight" by Filmfare magazine. In March 2018, he was featured in the list of 'India's top supermodels' by Hindustan Times. He was appointed as the 'World Peace Messenger' in June 2018 by the World Peace and Diplomacy Organization, a part of United Nations Global Compact in June 2018.
- "Fitness Diaries With Leading Indian Model Karan Oberoi". Outlook Splurge. January 6, 2019.
- Meet one of the most influential models in the nation - Karan Oberoi aka KO. Deccan Chronicle. June 22, 2019. Archived from the original on June 28, 2019.
- "Hottie of the fortnight! Meet Karan Oberoi". Filmfare. October 12, 2017.
- "Treat your body as Temple: Karan Oberoi". New Delhi: United News of India. March 2, 2019.
- Kaushal, Akshay (Mar 13, 2020). "Karan Oberoi (KO) shares dos and don'ts for glowing, healthy skin". Hindustan Times.
- "It's flattering when people compare me to John Abraham: Karan Oberoi | more lifestyle". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- Bidapa, Prasad (March 17, 2018). "Unveiling India's top ten supermodels". Hindustan Times.
- Tanveer (July 20, 2019). "Muslim community has given the finest models, says Karan Oberoi". Siasat.
- "Meet one of the most photographed faces - Karan Oberoi". International Business Times (India edition). IBT Media. April 3, 2020.
- "Model Karan Oberoi shares helpful tips for being a healthy and fit vegetarian". The Times of India. January 25, 2019.
- "ग्राफिक डिजाइनर से इस तरह टॉप मॉडल बने Karan Oberoi, अब इस ब्रांड से जुड़ा नाम!". Zee News Hindi. 2020-05-10. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- "Karan Oberoi A Dark Horse in the modelling world". Asianet News Network. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- "Cooking with Celebs: Karan Oberoi (KO), Top fitness & fashion model". The Times of India. September 12, 2019.
- Kaushal, Akshay (April 5, 2018). "Fitness modelling isn't as easy as it may seem: Karan Oberoi". Hindustan Times.