The Kaohsiung Exhibition Center (KEC; traditional Chinese: 高雄展覽館; simplified Chinese: 高雄展览馆; pinyin: Gāoxióng Zhǎnlǎn Guǎn) is a convention center in Cianjhen District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
|Kaohsiung Exhibition Center|
|Location||Cianjhen, Kaohsiung, Taiwan|
|Coordinates||22°36′28.3″N 120°17′57.5″E / 22.607861°N 120.299306°E|
|Opened||14 April 2014|
|Public transit access||Sanduo Shopping District Station|
Designed by Australian architect, Philip Cox, the KEC was initiated in 2006 and built by the Ministry of Economic Affairs in which has invested NT$ 3 billion to the venue. After seven years of planning and two years of construction, the grand opening of the center was held on 14 April 2014.
The Kaohsiung Exhibition Center Corporation manages the daily operation and maintenance of the center for the next 12.5 years. The company invested NT$ 250 million to upgrade the center and expects to generate return on investment of up to NT$ 3.4 billion by the end of 2026.
Kaohsiung Exhibition Center with 85 Sky Tower.
The center is accessible within walking distance south west from Sanduo Shopping District Station of Kaohsiung MRT.
The center can also be accessible by walking south of the Kaohsiung Exhibition Center light rail station.
- ^ "Cox wins Taiwanese project". Architecture & Design. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- ^ "Premier: Kaohsiung Exhibition Center to bolster economic growth(行政院全球資訊網-Press Releases)". Ey.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- ^ "Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- ^ "Greeting - Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-04-26. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- ^ "Kaohsiung expo center set to open in April next year". Taipei Times. 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- ^ "How to Get Here - Kaohsiung Exhibition Center". Kecc.com.tw. Archived from the original on 2014-04-26. Retrieved 2014-04-26.