Kansai Airports (関西エアポート株式会社 Kansai Eapōto Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese corporation established in 2015. Kansai Airports is a member of the Kansai Airports Group, which includes 8 companies.
|Kansai Eapōto Kabushiki-gaisha|
|Founded||December 1, 2015|
The company's mission according to its official website is:
"to be renowned as a pioneer in the aviation industry within the Asia Pacific region, and to become a world-class international airport operator by continuously raising performance standards for airports."
The shareholders percentage ownership of Kansai Airports are ORIX 40%, VINCI Airports 40% and the rest 20% is shared among ASICS Corporation; Iwatani Corporation; Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.; Obayashi Corporation; OMRON Corporation; The Kansai Electric Power Company, Incorporated; Kintetsu Group Holding Co., Ltd.; Keihan Holdings Co.,Ltd.; Suntory Holdings Limited; JTB Corp.; Sekisui House, Ltd.; Daikin Industries, Ltd.; Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.; Takenaka Corporation; Nankai Electric Railway Co., Ltd.; Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation; Panasonic Corporation; Hankyu Hanshin Holdings, Inc.; Rengo Co., Ltd.; The Senshu Ikeda Bank, Ltd.; Kiyo Holdings, Inc.; The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd.; The Shiga Bank，Ltd.; The Nanto Bank, Ltd.; Nippon Life Insurance Company; Mizuho Bank, Ltd.; Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Ltd.; MUFG Bank, Ltd.; Resona Bank, Ltd.; and the Private Finance Initiative Promotion Corporation of Japan.
Kansai Airports is currently operating 3 airports in Japan, Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport and Kobe Airport. The operation rights of Kansai International Airport and Osaka International Airport were transferred to Kansai Airports from New Kansai International Airport Co., Ltd. (NKIAC) on the 1st of April 2016. On the 1st of April 2018, Kansai Airports Kobe, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kansai Airports, took over the operation of Kobe Airport from Kobe City.
List of Kansai Airports Group companiesEdit
As of April 1st 2019, the Kansai Airports Group consists of the following companies:
- Kansai Airports
- Kansai Airports Retail & Services
- Kansai Airports Operation Services
- Kansai Airports Technical Services
- CKTS Co., Ltd.
- KIA Heating & Cooling Supply Co., Ltd.
- World Air Passenger Service Co., Ltd.
- Kansai Airports Kobe
- "Our Mission - Kansai Airports". Kansai Airports. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- "About Us - Kansai Airports". Kansai Airports. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "関西・大阪（伊丹）両空港の特定空港運営事業等における新運営会社の設立および実施契約の締結について". ORIX. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Kansai Airports". Kansai Airports. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "VINCI Airports-ORIX-Kansai Airports sign the Project Agreement for the concession of Kobe Airport". Vinci Airports. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "KAP Group Companies" (PDF). Kansai Airports. Retrieved 2019-06-26.