Kannapolis is an Amtrak train station in Kannapolis, North Carolina. It is served by the Carolinian and the Piedmont passenger trains. Amtrak's daily Crescent passes through the station but does not stop. The street address is 201 South Main Street, and is located in the heart of downtown Kannapolis.
|Amtrak inter-city rail station|
Kannapolis Amtrak Station
|Location||201 South Main Street|
Kannapolis, North Carolina
|Owned by||City of Kannapolis|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Rider: Blue, Brown |
|Parking||34 spaces; free|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|Status||Unstaffed; attendant available|
|Station code||KAN (Amtrak)|
This facility was completed in December 2004 to serve as a permanent replacement for the temporary facility that was across the parking lot from where the current facility rests. The new station blends with the existing architecture of downtown Kannapolis, with Gomes & Staub serving as architect and Titus Construction serving as general contractor.
- "Schedules - Rider Transit". Concord Kannapolis Area Transit. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2018, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. June 2019. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- "Kannapolis Station". North Carolina Department of Transportation. Aug 2006. Retrieved 21 Sep 2007.
- "City/ State Leaders Gather to Open New Kannapolis Train Station" (Press release). North Carolina Department of Transportation. 23 Feb 2005. Retrieved 21 Sep 2007.
- Kannapolis, NC – Amtrak
- Old & New Kannapolis Amtrak Stations (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Kannapolis, NC (KAN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This North Carolina train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|