Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya
Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya (transl. My dear, would you like to eat Laddu?) also known as KLTA, is an Indian 2013 Tamil-language romantic comedy film directed by Manikandan. It stars newcomer Sethu, Santhanam, Srinivasan, and Vishakha Singh. The film marked Santhanam's venture into film production with his Handmade Films. The film was co-produced by Rama Narayanan while S. Thaman scored the film soundtrack. The plot revolves around three friends who fall for the same girl, who has just moved into their neighbourhood. The movie released on 13 January 2013 to positive reviews and became a blockbuster at the box office. The movie is based on Indru Poi Naalai Vaa by K. Bhagyaraj.
|Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya|
|Tamil||கண்ணா லட்டு தின்ன ஆசையா|
|Directed by||K. S. Manikandan|
|Written by||Santhanam (dialogues)|
|Based on||Indru Poi Naalai Vaa by K. Bhagyaraj|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||G. Ramarao|
|Distributed by||Red Giant Movies|
|Box office||₹55 Crores|
Kaalkattu "KK" Kaliyaperumal, Power Kumar, and Shiva are three friends with no occupation other than getting drunk and chasing girls. A girl named Sowmiya moves in with her family to the house opposite Shiva. The three friends fall for the girl's beauty and make a gentlemen's agreement to let the girl choose her boyfriend. The three attempt different methods to woo her. Shiva helps Sowmiya's aunt in household work; KK joins Sowmiya's uncle to learn singing; Power joins Sowmiya's father to learn Bharatanatyam.
One day, when none of Sowmiya's family members are home, the three eventually profess their love, leaving Sowmiya confused. Following the advice of her neighbour, Sowmiya reveals to all three that she loves actor Simbu. The neighborhood boys then decide to bring Simbu as a gift for Sowmiya's birthday, but Simbu says he does not know anyone named Sowmiya. They then hire a thug named "Kolaveri" David to kidnap Simbu, but he kidnaps Sowmiya instead when he learns he is supposed to kidnap Simbu. As Simbu refused to help her, Shiva, KK and Power go and save Sowmiya from David, and she falls in love with Shiva, because Power and KK had earlier beaten Sowmiya's uncle and father severely; they later marry.
- Main cast
- Sethu as Shiva
- Santhanam as Kaalkattu Kaliyaperumal (KK)
- Srinivasan as Power Kumar
- Vishakha Singh as Soumya
- Supporting cast
- VTV Ganesh as Krishnamoorthi
- Kovai Sarala as Sowmiya's aunt
- K. Sivasankar as Sowmiya's father
- Pattimandram Raja as Shiva's father
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Shiva's mother
- Devadarshini as Shiva and Sowmiya's neighbour
- Ganeshkar as Auto Driver
- Swaminathan as Shiva and Sowmiya's neighbour
- Lollu Sabha Manohar as Ad Film Actor
- K. Bujji Babu as Power Kumar's Father
- Stunt Silva as Kolaveri David
- Special appearances
|Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya|
|Soundtrack album to Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya by|
|Released||10 December 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sony Music India|
An Ak Audio
|S. Thaman chronology|
The music was composed by S. Thaman. The audio was released on 10 December 2012. The notable guests of the audio function were director Shankar, Simbu, actor-producer Udhayanidhi Stalin and director Rajesh to name a few.
|1.||"Aasaiye Alai Poley"||Viveka||Ranjith, Rahul Nambiar||04:42|
|2.||"Love Letter"||Gaana Bala||Mukesh||02:02|
|3.||"Hey Unnathan"||Vaali||Suchitra, Ranjith, Rahul Nambiar, Naveen Madhav||04:13|
|4.||"Birthday"||Vaali||M. L. R. Karthikeyan, Senthil, Sam P.Keerthan||04:29|
|5.||"Duet Song"||Vaali||Muralidhar, Rahul Nambiar, Ranjith (Interlude by Gaana Bala)||04:02|
|6.||"Potti"||Gaana Bala||Gaana Bala||02:55|
Musicperk.com rated the album 7/10 stating, "The composer Thaman has done a credible job to make sure the album’s genre is met with properly".
Prior to its 13 January 2013 release, filmmaker K. Bhagyaraj filed a suit against the film stating that it used the same storyline as his 1981 film Indru Poi Naalai Vaa. He also accused the makers of falsely claiming to have acquired the rights from his film. It was later announced that the film, upon orders of a high court, would acknowledge both Bhagyaraj and his Indru Poi Naalai Vaa story in the credits.
Vivek Ramz from in.com rated it 3.5 out of 5 and stated that KLTA is a perfect Pongal treat for the family thanks to its clean humour. "Go watch it and have a blast!" N. Venkateswaran from The Times of India also gave it 3.5 out of 5 saying "Manikandan has now carved out a name for himself in the Tamil film industry" Sify also gave it three stars writing, "Gags galore, Laughs. This one’s strictly for Kollywood junkies whose funny bones are easy to tickle", and called the film a "Jolly fun ride". Oneindia.in said "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya is a fun ride."  In contrast, Behindwoods rated the film 2.5 out of 5, but said, "Replete with humor, KLTA offers what it is set out for-gives an unabashed hilarious 140 minutes" and gave the verdict that it was "an enjoyable fun ride for the festive season". Malathi Rangarajan of The Hindu said that the film was "a light-hearted fun film for the festive season, if you don’t mind the crassness, that is!" and found many similarities to older films with the idea of several men trying to woo a girl already present in Uththaravindri Ullae Vaa.
- "Action and romantic films reaped gold for Kannada cinema in 2013". Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya on Dec 21". ibnlive.com. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "It's official: Santhanam to eat 'Laddu' with Power Star". IndiaGlitz. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Santhanam's new avatar". SuperGoodMovies.com. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Audio Launch". Behindwoods. 10 December 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya | Musicperk". Musicperk. 13 December 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "KLTA ordered to carry Bhagyaraj in credits!". The Times of India. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Tamil review: Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya is the perfect Pongal treat!". In.com. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya". The Times of India. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Movie Review:Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasiaya". Sify. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- : Ramchander (12 January 2013). "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Review". Oneindia. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Movie Review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Malathi Rangarajan (19 January 2013). "Laughter at another's expense". Retrieved 25 July 2019.