Kamen Rider Zero-One
Kamen Rider Zero-One (仮面ライダーゼロワン, Kamen Raidā Zero Wan, also called Kamen Rider 01) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama series produced by Toei Company and TV Asahi. It is the 30th series in the Kamen Rider Series, and the first series in the Reiwa period run. The show premiered on September 1, 2019, following the finale of Kamen Rider Zi-O, joining Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger, and later, Mashin Sentai Kiramager in the Super Hero Time lineup. Similar to Kamen Rider Amazons and Kamen Rider Build, this series takes place in an alternate continuity.
|Kamen Rider Zero-One|
|Created by||Shotaro Ishinomori|
|Narrated by||Kōichi Yamadera|
|Opening theme||"REAL×EYEZ" by J×Takanori Nishikawa|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|Running time||24–25 min. (per episode)|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 1, 2019 –|
|Preceded by||Kamen Rider Zi-O|
Japan has entered a new era of technological innovations as Hiden Intelligence, the leading company in artificial intelligence research, develops human-like androids called HumaGears, which quickly become a staple in both public and private sectors. However, a cyber-terrorist organization known as "MetsubouJinrai.net" starts hacking into HumaGears, transforming them into monsters called "Magias" and turning them against humanity. The government responds by establishing the Artificial Intelligence Military Service, or A.I.M.S., to destroy them.
The story primarily follows Aruto Hiden, a young man with aspirations of becoming a comedian who suddenly finds himself appointed as the new CEO of Hiden Intelligence after his grandfather's death. Despite his initial disinterest, Aruto changes his mind after witnessing MetsubouJinrai.net's terrorist attacks firsthand; maintaining appearances as CEO while becoming Kamen Rider Zero-One to realize his late father's wish for a peaceful co-existence between humans and HumaGears. This places him in an uneasy alliance with A.I.M.S. operatives, Isamu Fuwa and Yua Yaiba, who can transform into Kamen Rider Vulcan and Kamen Rider Valkyrie respectively, against MetsubouJinrai.net; led by the rogue HumaGears Horobi and Jin, who can also transform into Kamen Riders.
All the while, Gai Amatsu, the CEO of Hiden's corporate rival ZAIA Enterprise, initially watches their battles from afar before moving forward with his own agenda to destroy all HumaGears and create a society only for humans with his company in the forefront. He later develops the Kamen Rider Thouser system to achieve his goals and personally enter the fray as well as devices to transform humans into “Raiders”. As the ideals of Aruto, Gai, and MetsubouJinrai.net collide, a three-way battle takes place to decide the future for both HumaGears and mankind.
Kamen Rider Zero-One was registered by Toei in April 2019. Three months later, a press conference was announced by an unknown HumaGear on the Kamen Rider Zi-O Twitter account.
In July, Kamen Rider Zero-One was officially announced during a press conference alongside its cast.
Two members of the band Monkey Majik revealed that they will be providing the voices for the Hiden Zero-One Driver and the Progrise Keys.
The theme song is "REAL×EYEZ", a collaboration by J×Takanori Nishikawa. J composed the song, while Nishikawa provides the vocals. Vocaloid producer DJ'Tekina//Something provided the song's arrangement.
Impact of the COVID-19 pandemicEdit
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Japan, the filming schedule changed and the series' television broadcast has been delayed following episode 35. During the break period, Zero-One will release three special episodes that reflect past events as recounted by the main characters. The two-part "President Special," focusing on Aruto and Is, and the "Shooting Special," focusing on Isamu Fuwa and Yua Yaiba. On May 28, Toei announced that the series will resume filming.
- The series is currently divided into three arcs:
- Episode 1-16: MetsubouJinrai.net: This arc focuses on the threat of the cyber-terrorist group, MetsubouJinrai.net, who seek to bring extinction to the human race.
- Episode 17-29: ZAIA "Workplace Competition": This arc focuses on Hiden Intelligence facing their corporate rival, ZAIA Enterprise, in a battle for technological supremacy.
- Episode 30-Present: Hiden Manufacturing: This arc focuses on Aruto establishing a new company, Hiden Manufacturing, after ZAIA’s takeover of Hiden Intelligence and their continuous attempts to stop him as well as the resurgence of MetsubouJinrai.net.
Original Japanese title
|1||"I Am the President and a Kamen Rider"|
Transcription: "Ore ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā" (Japanese: オレが社長で仮面ライダー)
|Yuya Takahashi||September 1, 2019|
|2||"Are AI Guys Enemies? Allies?"|
Transcription: "Ē Ai na Aitsu wa Teki? Mikata?" (Japanese: AIなアイツは敵？味方？)
|Yuya Takahashi||September 8, 2019|
|3||"That Man, Sushi Chef"|
Transcription: "Sono Otoko, Sushi Shokunin" (Japanese: ソノ男、寿司職人)
|Yuya Takahashi||September 15, 2019|
|4||"The Bus Guide Saw It! That Truth"|
Transcription: "Basu Gaido wa Mita! An'na Shinjitsu" (Japanese: バスガイドは見た！アンナ真実)
|Yuya Takahashi||September 22, 2019|
|5||"His Passionate Path of Manga"|
Transcription: "Kare no Jōnetsu Manga-michi" (Japanese: カレの情熱まんが道)
|Masaya Kakehi||September 29, 2019|
|6||"I Want to Hear Your Voice"|
Transcription: "Anata no Koe ga Kikitai" (Japanese: アナタの声が聞きたい)
|Masaya Kakehi||October 6, 2019|
|7||"I Am a Hot-Blooded HumaGear Teacher!"|
Transcription: "Watashi wa Nekketsu Hyūmagia Sensei!" (Japanese: ワタシは熱血ヒューマギア先生！)
|Masaya Kakehi||October 13, 2019|
|8||"The Destruction Begins Now"|
Transcription: "Koko kara ga Horobi no Hajimari" (Japanese: ココからが滅びの始まり)
|Yuya Takahashi||October 20, 2019|
|9||"I Will Take Care of That Life"|
Transcription: "Sono Inochi, Azukarimasu" (Japanese: ソノ生命、預かります)
|Yuya Takahashi||October 27, 2019|
|10||"I Am the Actor, Shinya Owada"|
Transcription: "Ore wa Haiyū, Ōwada Shin'ya" (Japanese: オレは俳優、大和田伸也)
|Masaya Kakehi||November 10, 2019|
|11||"Do Not Stop the Camera, Stop That Guy!"|
Transcription: "Kamera o Tomeru na, Aitsu o Tomero!" (Japanese: カメラを止めるな、アイツを止めろ！)
|Masaya Kakehi||November 17, 2019|
|12||"That Famous Detective Has Arrived"|
Transcription: "Ano Meitantei ga Yattekita" (Japanese: アノ名探偵がやってきた)
|Riku Sanjo||November 24, 2019|
|13||"My Job Is the President's Secretary"|
Transcription: "Watashi no Shigoto wa Shachō Hisho" (Japanese: ワタシの仕事は社長秘書)
|Riku Sanjo||December 1, 2019|
|14||"We Are the Astronaut Brothers!"|
Transcription: "Ore-tachi Uchū Hikōshi Burazāzu!" (Japanese: オレたち宇宙飛行士ブラザーズ！)
|Yuya Takahashi||December 8, 2019|
|15||"Each One's Ending"|
Transcription: "Sorezore no Owari" (Japanese: ソレゾレの終わり)
|Yuya Takahashi||December 15, 2019|
|16||"This Is the Dawn of ZAIA"|
Transcription: "Kore ga Zaia no Yoake" (Japanese: コレがZAIA（ザイア）の夜明け)
|Yuya Takahashi||December 22, 2019|
|17||"For I Am a President and a Kamen Rider"|
Transcription: "Watashi koso ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā" (Japanese: ワタシこそが社長で仮面ライダー)
|Yuya Takahashi||January 5, 2020|
|18||"This Is How I Arrange My Flowers"|
Transcription: "Kore ga Watashi no Ikeru Hana" (Japanese: コレがワタシのいける華)
|Yuya Takahashi||January 12, 2020|
|19||"She Is a Humagear Who Sells Houses"|
Transcription: "Kanojo wa Ie Uru Hyūmagia" (Japanese: カノジョは家売るヒューマギア)
|Yuya Takahashi||January 19, 2020|
|20||"That Is 1000% the Best House"|
Transcription: "Sore ga Sen-pāsento no Besuto Hausu" (Japanese: ソレが1000％のベストハウス)
|Yuya Takahashi||January 26, 2020|
|21||"Objection! That Trial"|
Transcription: "Igi Ari! Sono Saiban" (Japanese: 異議あり！ソノ裁判)
|Yuya Takahashi||February 2, 2020|
|22||"Even So, He Didn't Do It"|
Transcription: "Sore demo Kare wa Yattenai" (Japanese: ソレでもカレはやってない)
|Yuya Takahashi||February 9, 2020|
|23||"I Am in Love With Your Intelligence!"|
Transcription: "Kimi no Chinō ni Koi Shiteru!" (Japanese: キミの知能に恋してる！)
|Minato Takano||February 16, 2020|
|24||"It Is Our Turn"|
Transcription: "Watashi-tachi no Ban desu" (Japanese: ワタシたちの番です)
|Minato Takano||February 23, 2020|
|25||"I Will Save the HumaGears"|
Transcription: "Boku ga Hyūmagia o Sukuu" (Japanese: ボクがヒューマギアを救う)
|Yuya Takahashi||March 1, 2020|
|26||"We Are the Flaming Fire Brigade"|
Transcription: "Ware-ra Honō no Shōbōtai" (Japanese: ワレら炎の消防隊)
|Yuya Takahashi||March 8, 2020|
|27||"I Will Not Give Up on a Life"|
Transcription: "Boku wa Inochi o Akiramenai" (Japanese: ボクは命を諦めない)
|Yuya Takahashi||March 15, 2020|
|28||"My Rap Will Change the World!"|
Transcription: "Ore no Rappu ga Sekai o Kaeru!" (Japanese: オレのラップが世界を変える！)
|Yuya Takahashi||March 22, 2020|
|29||"Our Dreams Will Not Be Broken"|
Transcription: "Ore-tachi no Yume wa Kowarenai" (Japanese: オレたちの夢は壊れない)
|Yuya Takahashi||March 29, 2020|
|30||"After All, I Am the President and a Kamen Rider"|
Transcription: "Yappari Ore ga Shachō de Kamen Raidā" (Japanese: やっぱりオレが社長で仮面ライダー)
|Yuya Takahashi||April 5, 2020|
|31||"Take Off Toward Your Dream!"|
Transcription: "Kimi no Yume ni Mukatte Tobe!" (Japanese: キミの夢に向かって飛べ！)
|Yuya Takahashi||April 12, 2020|
|32||"My Pride! The Runway of Dreams"|
Transcription: "Watashi no Puraido! Yume no Ranwei" (Japanese: ワタシのプライド！夢のランウェイ)
|Masaya Kakehi||April 19, 2020|
|33||"Are Dreams Really That Important?"|
Transcription: "Yume ga Son'na ni Daiji nano ka?" (Japanese: 夢がソンナに大事なのか？)
|Masaya Kakehi||April 26, 2020|
|34||"This Is Horobi's Way of Life"|
Transcription: "Kore ga Horobi no Ikiru Michi" (Japanese: コレが滅の生きる道)
|Masaya Kakehi||May 3, 2020|
|35||"What Do HumaGears Dream of?"|
Transcription: "Hyūmagia wa Don'na Yume o Miru ka?" (Japanese: ヒューマギアはドンナ夢を見るか？)
|Masaya Kakehi||May 10, 2020|
|SP–1||"President Special: Part.01"|
Transcription: "Purejidento Supesharu Pāto Wan" (Japanese: プレジデント・スペシャル PART.01)
|Masaya Kakehi||May 17, 2020|
|SP–2||"President Special: Part.02"|
Transcription: "Purejidento Supesharu Pāto Tsū" (Japanese: プレジデント・スペシャル PART.02)
|Masaya Kakehi||May 24, 2020|
Transcription: "Shūtingu Supesharu" (Japanese: シューティング・スペシャル)
|N/A||May 31, 2020|
Kamen Rider Zero-One made his first appearance as a cameo in the film Kamen Rider Zi-O the Movie: Over Quartzer.
Reiwa The First GenerationEdit
A Movie War film, titled Kamen Rider Reiwa The First Generation (仮面ライダー 令和 ザ・ファースト・ジェネレーション, Kamen Raidā Reiwa Za Fāsuto Jenerēshon) was released on December 21, 2019, featuring the casts of Kamen Rider Zero-One and the last Heisei Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Zi-O. Actress Rina Ikoma and actor Sōkō Wada portrayed the Time Jacker Finis and the HumaGear Will respectively. This movie introduces another version of Kamen Rider Zero-One known as Kamen Rider Zerozero-One, and the Kamen Rider 1-inspired Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata. This movie is a shared tribute to the original series, Kamen Rider, and the entire Heisei Kamen Rider Series as a whole. The events of the film take place between episodes 9 and 10.
A film that has been tentatively titled Kamen Rider Zero-One the Movie (劇場版 仮面ライダーゼロワン, Gekijōban Kamen Raidā Zero Wan) is scheduled for release on July 23, 2020, double billed with the film for Mashin Sentai Kiramager.
- Kamen Rider Zero-One: What Will Pop Out of the Kangaroo? Think About It by Yourself! Yes! It Must Be Me, Aruto!! (仮面ライダーゼロワン カンガルーからナニ飛び出す？ソンナの自分でカンガルー！はい、或人じゃないと!!, Kamen Raidā Zero Wan Kangarū kara Nani Tobidasu? Son'na no Jibun de Kangarū! Hai, Aruto ja Nai to!!) is Televi-Kun's "Hyper Battle DVD" (
超バトルDVD, Haipā Batoru Dī Bui Dī). This events of this special take place between episodes 13 and 14.
- A Miraculous Transformation!? Aruto vs. Fukkinhoukai Taro: The Fateful Gag Battle! (奇跡の転身!?アルトVS.腹筋崩壊太郎 宿命のギャグバトル！, Kiseki no Tenshin!? Aruto Tai Fukkinhōkai Tarō Shukumei no Gyagu Batoru!) is a web-exclusive series released on Toei's official YouTube channel.
- Project Thouser (プロジェクト・サウザー, Purojekuto Sauzā) is included as part of the Blu-ray releases of Kamen Rider Zero-One. This side story comprises two episodes and focuses on Gai Amatsu. The events of this miniseries take place before episode 17.
- Aruto Hiden (飛電 或人, Hiden Aruto): Fumiya Takahashi (高橋 文哉, Takahashi Fumiya)
- Isamu Fuwa (不破 諫, Fuwa Isamu): Ryutaro Okada (岡田 龍太郎, Okada Ryūtarō)
- Is (イズ, Izu): Noa Tsurushima (鶴嶋 乃愛, Tsurushima Noa)
- Yua Yaiba (刃 唯阿, Yaiba Yua): Hiroe Igeta (井桁 弘恵, Igeta Hiroe)
- Jin (迅): Daisuke Nakagawa (中川 大輔, Nakagawa Daisuke)
- Horobi (滅): Syuya Sunagawa (砂川 脩弥, Sunagawa Shūya)
- Gai Amatsu (天津 垓, Amatsu Gai): Nachi Sakuragi (桜木 那智, Sakuragi Nachi)
- Ikazuchi (雷): Daichi Yamaguchi (山口 大地, Yamaguchi Daichi)
- Naki (亡): Satsuki Nakayama (中山 咲月, Nakayama Satsuki)
- Shesta (シェスタ, Shesuta): Asumi Narita (成田 愛純, Narita Asumi)
- Sanzō Yamashita (山下 三造, Yamashita Sanzō): Arata Saeki (佐伯 新, Saeki Arata)
- Assassin HumaGear (暗殺ヒューマギア, Ansatsu Hyūmagia), Matsurida Z (祭田 ゼット, Matsurida Zetto): Ryunosuke Matsumura (松村 龍之介, Matsumura Ryūnosuke)
- Soreo Hiden (飛電 其雄, Hiden Soreo): Koji Yamamoto (山本 耕史, Yamamoto Kōji)
- Jun Fukuzoe (福添 准, Fukuzoe Jun): Kazuya Kojima (児嶋 一哉, Kojima Kazuya)
- Korenosuke Hiden (飛電 是之助, Hiden Korenosuke): Tokuma Nishioka (西岡 德馬, Nishioka Tokuma)
- Ark (アーク, Āku, Voice): Show Hayami (速水 奨, Hayami Shō)
- Zat (ザット, Zatto, Voice): Noriko Hidaka (日髙 のり子, Hidaka Noriko)
- Progrise and Zetsumerise Key Equipments Voice: Maynard Plant, Blaise Plant
- Narration: Kōichi Yamadera (山寺 宏一, Yamadera Kōichi)
- Fukkinhoukai Taro (腹筋崩壊 太郎, Fukkinhōkai Tarō, 1): Nakayama Kinnikun (なかやまきんに君)
- Mitsukuni Nezu (根津 光国, Nezu Mitsukuni, 1): Akio Kaneda (金田 明夫, Kaneda Akio)
- Young Isamu Fuwa (2): Soshi Hagiwara (萩原 壮志, Hagiwara Sōshi).
- Norio Uozumi (魚住 範雄, Uozumi Norio, 3): Tetsu Watanabe (渡辺 哲, Watanabe Tetsu)
- Ikkan Nigiro (一貫 ニギロー, Ikkan Nigirō, 3, 24): Kenta Uchino (内野 謙太, Uchino Kenta)
- Chōichirō Ishizumi (石墨 超一郎, Ishizumi Chōichirō, 5, 31): Katsuya (勝矢)
- Kanasawa Seine (香菜澤 セイネ, 5, 6): Karen Miyama (美山 加恋, Miyama Karen)
- Himself (10, 11): Shinya Owada (大和田 伸也, Ōwada Shin'ya)
- Matsuda Enji (松田 エンジ, Matsuda Enji, 10, 11, 23, 24): Hiromi Sakimoto (崎本 大海, Sakimoto Hiromi)
- Saikyo Takumi Oyakata (最強 匠親方, Saikyō Takumi Oyakata, 19, 20, 24): Hidekazu Nagae (長江 英和, Nagae Hidekazu)
- Ginnojō Ōshiro (大城 銀之丞, Ōshiro Gin'nojō, 20): Hirohisa Nakata (中田 博久, Nakata Hirohisa)
- Bengoshi Bingo (弁護士ビンゴ, 21, 22, 24): Keisuke Minami (南 圭介, Minami Keisuke)
- Chiharu Ebii (海老井 千春, Ebii Chiharu, 21-24): Arisa Komiya (小宮 有紗, Komiya Arisa)
- Enmusubi Match (縁結び マッチ, Enmusubi Matchi, 23, 24): Ryōma Baba (馬場 良馬, Baba Ryōma)
- Opening theme
- Lyrics: Shōko Fujibayashi, Takanori Nishikawa
- Composition: J
- Arrangement: J×Takanori Nishikawa, DJ'Tekina//Something
- Artist: J×Takanori Nishikawa
- Episodes 1, 2, and 29 do not feature the show's opening sequence. This song is used as the ending theme in episode 2 and as an insert song in episodes 1, 9, and 29.
- "「仮面ライダーゼロワン」LUNA SEAのJと西川貴教が主題歌担当". Natalie. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "『仮面ライダーゼロワン』撮影スケジュール変更で総集編を放送 - イズの変化、新録ナレにドラマ" (in Japanese). MyNavi. 10 May 2020. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- "ネタバレ注意！本日公開「劇場版 仮面ライダージオウ」に意外なゲスト". Natalie. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Kamen Rider Next Generations 2020 Film Announced". Tokusatsu Network. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "仮面ライダー冬映画で生駒里奈がタイムジャッカーに、「あな番」和田聰宏も出演". Natalie. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "冬映画に"アナザーゼロワン"登場、飛電或人が変身する"仮面ライダー001"も". Natalie. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "仮面ライダー冬映画の予告解禁！或人の父が仮面ライダー1型に変身、入場特典も発表". Natalie. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- "『劇場版 仮面ライダーゼロワン』 『魔進戦隊キラメイジャー THE MOVIE』 7月23日(木・祝)公開決定！！" (in Japanese). Toei. 2020-03-08. Retrieved 2020-03-08.
- "第19話 「カノジョは家売るヒューマギア」". Kamen Rider Web. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "仮面ライダーサウザーの誕生を描くスピンオフドラマ「プロジェクト・サウザー」誕生！". Kamen Rider Web. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "令和"01"作品目「仮面ライダーゼロワン」の変身ベルト 『飛電ゼロワンドライバー』 変身音を担当するのはMONKEY MAJIKボーカルの二人！". Kamen Rider Web. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "J×西川貴教がタッグ結成！「仮面ライダーゼロワン」主題歌アーティストに". Natalie. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "仮面ライダーゼロワン主題歌『REAL×EYEZ』リリックビデオavex YouTubeにて配信開始！". Kamen Rider Web. Retrieved 15 September 2019.