This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017)
Kamëz (definite Albanian form: Kamëza) is a municipality in Tirana County, Albania. It was formed at the 2015 local government reform by the merger of the former municipalities Kamëz and Paskuqan, that became municipal units. The seat of the municipality is the town Kamëz. The total population is 104,190 (2011 census), in a total area of 37.20 km2. The population of the former municipality at the 2011 census was 66,841.
|• Mayor||Rakip Suli (PS)|
|• Total||37.20 km2 (14.36 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,800/km2 (7,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Prior to the 1990s, Kamëza was a sparsely populated and predominantly agricultural area. Following the post 1990s Albanian population movements, the area experienced massive influxes of inhabitants from all over Albania. The newly formed city is known to bear impressive street names belonging to international personalities, capital cities, and organizations.
The main football team, KS Kamza, plays in the Albanian Second Division at Fusha Sportive Kamëz. It is the site of the Agricultural University of Tirana. The basketball team BC Kamza Basket are 6 times national champions and play their home games at Salla Sportive Bathore.
Twin and sister townsEdit
Cooperation and friendshipEdit
Kamëz also cooperates with:
- "Population and housing census - Tiranë 2011" (PDF). INSTAT. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "Albania: Prefectures, Municipalities, Municipal Units, Cities and Agglomerations - Population Statistics in Maps and Charts". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Law nr. 115/2014" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- "Correspondence table LAU – NUTS 2016, EU-28 and EFTA / available Candidate Countries" (XLS). Eurostat. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "European Green Capital". Ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Gemellaggi - Città di Castenaso". www.comune.castenaso.bo.it. Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2012-06-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2012-06-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "ILIRIA NEWS AGENCY - Kamza binjakëzim me Yonkers". 30 October 2011. Archived from the original on 30 October 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Kamza, Albanien | Jena International". international.jena.de (in German). Retrieved 2021-09-13.