The Kalisz Voivodeship[a] was a voivodeship of the Congress Poland, that existed from 1816 to 1837. Its capital was Kalisz. It was established on 16 January 1816, from Kalisz Department, and existed until 23 February 1837, when it was replaced by Kalisz Governorate. During the January Uprising, the Polish National Government, announced the re-establishment of the voivodeships with the borders from 1816, reestablishing the administration of the Kalisz Voivodeship within the part of Warsaw Governorate. It existed from 1863 to 1864, when it was abolished, and replaced by the Warsaw Governorate.
|Voivodeship of the Congress Poland and the Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth|
The administrative subdivisions of the Congress Poland in 1830, including the Kalisz Voivodeship.
|16 January 1816|
• Replacement by the Kalisz Governorate
|23 February 1837|
• Reestablishemnt during the January Uprising
• Abolishment by the Russian Empire
|• Country|| Congress Poland (1816–1837)|
Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth (1863–1834)
- Polish: Województwo kaliskie
- Dziennik Praw Królestwa Polskiego, no 2. vol. 1. Warsaw. 1816. p. 115-120.
- Jliusz Bardach; Monika Senkowska-Gluck (editor): Historia państwa i prawa Polski, Tom III od rozbiorów do uwłaszczenia. Warsaw: PWN, 1981, p. 354. ISBN 83-01-02658-8.
- Dorota Lewandowska: Organizacja Narodowa Powstania Styczniowego z lat 1861-1864. Archiwum Główne Akt Dawnych.